Menu
Pikesters
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Device registered via Chrome - fails to detect devices in IE

Hi,

Just registered a device via chrome, however virgin wont stream in chrome, as i'm now painfully aware Smiley Sad

So I decided to switch over the IE thinking that the registered device will stream...erm nope.

Is there a way to allow device that are registered via CHROME to 

a) STREAM the live TV

b) pass the info onto IE so that which ever browser you register devices on it sync's up?? (yes Google v Microsoft again..)

Thanks in advance..

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device registered via Chrome - fails to detect devices in IE

Hi Pikesters, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely to have a new face in the crowd. Smiley Happy

If you register your device through Chrome then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the PC registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere site via Internet Explorer and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. I have added a device change for you so follow the prompts on the website and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device registered via Chrome - fails to detect devices in IE

Hi Pikesters, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely to have a new face in the crowd. Smiley Happy

If you register your device through Chrome then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the PC registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere site via Internet Explorer and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. I have added a device change for you so follow the prompts on the website and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out