Menu
sdad
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Device registered but needs registering!

I have a tablet and phone (both Android) which were registered for TV Anywhere on my main account last month.  They are still in the list of registered devices.

Last month, there was an app update and I was told to delete them and re-register them and I was given extra device-change allowances for November.

Now, there seems to have been another update because both devices needed login info again.  The tablet is fine but when I tried to stream to the phone, I was told the device needed to be registered and was taken to the registration page (where I have no changes until January).

The tablet and phone are both still registered but the phone won't stream despite being logged in on my main account.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device registered but needs registering!

Hi I had a similar experience, I renamed my device in settings & all worked okay I hope you have similar luck Regards Micky
0 Kudos
sdad
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No, that didn't fool it. Anybody from Virgin care to try? Or give me extra device changes?
0 Kudos
sdad
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Bump for staff
0 Kudos
sdad
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don't we have staff on here any more?
0 Kudos
sdad
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Bump for Ravenstar68!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sdad, 

Thanks for your post and apologies only now we're getting to you. 

Bumping your post actually puts you to the back as it looks as though you've had a response so avoid doing this in future. 

As it's January now, your device changes would have reset. Can you try registering the device now for me Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on with things. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sdad
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I deleted the phone, then re-registered it yesterday.  It works fine but that is hardly the point.

At the end of November, the app had a major update and we were told that we would have to delete and re-register but we were given extra device changes at that time.

This app update in mid-December may not have been so major but still required deletion and re-registration BUT we were not told and were not given extra changes.

If they make an update that requires this approach, they need to give extra device changes, otherwise we are going half a month with no opportunity to watch streaming or catch-up.  Everything else worked regarding the TiVO though.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sdad, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Usually it's only major app updates that require the re-registration and whenever this is needed, we do advise in the app notes before hand. 

I can understand the frustration however if you ever find yourself in this position then calling the Team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 will get you a device change right away Smiley Happy

Let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sdad
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, will do.

0 Kudos