Menu
devnull10
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Device registered but doesn't get recognised in a different browser

Hi,

I have my phone registered to tv anywhere and tonight logged into my laptop using chrome to attempt to watch TV anywhere. It said I needed to register the device which I did, but then it didn't work. After a bit of digging I discovered chrome isn't a supported browser so I flicked over to firefox and logged in there. However it is now saying the device isn't recognised and that I need to register it - of course I can't this month now because I've just done it.

Surely it should deal with the fact that I may be using a different browser? After all, it's the same physical machine, I just can't use my browser of choice due to limitations within the VM software.

Is there anything I can do to get my device change reset so I can get it working with FF??

Regards

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device registered but doesn't get recognised in a different browser

Hi devnull,

Thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear that you are unable to stream via TV Anywhere. 

Google Chrome is unsupported and will no longer work with TV Anywhere due to Google disabling the third party add ons such as Adobe Flash.

When using different browsers you may need to re register so I have sent you a private message about this. Just click on the little red envelope at the top left hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gts63
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem as above, tried using chrome and now cant use IE as says run out of devices- can you help please?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi gts63, 

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you here. 

I've gone into the account and added a device change for you to re-register your device via IE. 

Make sure you remove your device first to free up a space by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My profile > Device Settings

Once the space is free, use your last change to re-register the device but please make sure you are using Internet Explorer. 

Let me know how it all goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos