Menu
beverleybryson
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Device not recognised

As per another post on here, I am having issues with the device registration.

My MAC has been registered for anywhere TV for a while now and when trying to log on this morning, I had a message saying the device wasn't registered (even though it was showing in the registered devices). I deleted it and added it back in and it worked. When I have tried to log back in this afternoon, I have received the same message and when I've tried do the same as this morning, it is now saying I've made all of the changes I can for the month so I currently have no devices registered and can't add one. 

I have followed instructions that were provided for someone with a similar issue but it hasn't worked as I'm still over the number of changes allowed:

If you go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My profile > Device Settings delete your PC again and then delete the history, cache and cookies on the browser. Go back to the website and log in. Go to On Now and select Channel 4 > Watch Now.

Is there anything I can do to get this registered again without waiting until next month?

Tony643
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device not recognised

Exactly the same thing has just happened to me. I followed the same advice but got the same message as you. So annoying. Really hope a kind administrator can assist. Trying to recover from major illness. Now I'm going to be bed locked for days without TV on my PC Smiley Sad

motel
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Made me change it earlier. Now asking me to change it again when I have no changes. Clearly a widespread problem. Please fix!
chrissieb71
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you call Virgin and manage to get through to someone on their tech team (good luck with that!!) they can reset your change allocation if you have done it in error, or done it due to their error.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,  

Thanks for your post and apologies regarding the issues you are currently facing with TV Anywhere.  

We're aware there is an open fault and are working to get things fixed as soon as possible.   

You can keep up to date on the fault here: TV Anywhere fault  

Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Tony643
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much Karen for the update. Most appreciated Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Tony643
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm still blocked from watching TV on my desktop. I understand the problem affects windows systems only but is there any chance this is going to be resolved soon? Has anyone else got this service back yet? It's been days now Smiley Sad Many thanks for any assistance.

0 Kudos
beverleybryson
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still not working for me either 😞