Menu
griffik
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Device limit

Hi On 1st July used my 1 change and it was working ok. Then last night on the same device I got the device limit message. I could still access SKy sports from my other device.

On the failed device I checked my registrations.It was showing both in use but using names that meant nothing to  me i.e "7212817-Mobile" & "7212817-Mobile2". The numbers are meaningless, they look like part of  a phone number, but my 2 devices are tablets and I do not use "mobile" as a name. The system seems to have corrupted me registrations.

How can I get my 2 devices back?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device limit

Hi griffik, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having an issue using the Sky Sports app. 

With Sky, as soon as you attempt streaming it registers the device automatically using the name information that the device has. With Android, you can check this by going into the Settings app > About device > Device Name. You can edit this to a name of your choice Smiley Happy

For the moment, I have deleted the 2 devices registered for use with the Sky app. If you change the device name to something you'll recognise first, then try streaming and this should register the device with the new name. 

Once this is done, come back here and I'll add a device change for you to re-register your second device Smiley Happy

Keep me posted on how you get on too. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
griffik
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Many thanks for your prompt response.

I have named my tablet "Yoga Tablet" and have established a connection to Sky sports.

So far so good.

Thanks

Keith

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey griffik,

Really pleased to hear that Kath_F's advice has resolved the issue regarding the Sky Sports application for you.

Let us know if you need anything else at all.

Catch you later,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos