Menu
Gorthox
Tuning in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Device limit reached while using registered device

I'm constantly getting "device limit reached" on my home pc even though nothing has changed. One day I can use TV anywhere then the following day when I log in I get the above statement and seeing as though I have already registered a device this month I have to wait while next month to re-register my registered device.

This is happening far too often. during an average month I get to use this service maybe 3 to 4 times in the month.

It has gotten so bad I'm considering cancelling my tivo service and going somewhere else.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device limit reached while using registered device

Hi Gorthox, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to see that you are having an issue with the TV Anywhere on your home pc. 

The last thing we would want you to do is leave so lets try and get this resolved for you Smiley Happy

First off, what browser are you using on your home pc? 

Can you log in to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings and delete the Home PC for me. 

You have 1 device change left for this month so use this to re register your pc. 

Your device changes will refresh on the 1st December too. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gorthox, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to see that you are having an issue with the TV Anywhere on your home pc. 

The last thing we would want you to do is leave so lets try and get this resolved for you Smiley Happy

First off, what browser are you using on your home pc? 

Can you log in to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings and delete the Home PC for me. 

You have 1 device change left for this month so use this to re register your pc. 

Your device changes will refresh on the 1st December too. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Gorthox
Tuning in
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Kath,
I am using IE and have already used my 1 device change this month to re register this pc.
I have also cleared my cache too and have same result.
I've been having to do this for at least the past 4 months, I finally got sick of it and decided to post here to see whats going on and what I can do about it.
0 Kudos
Gorthox
Tuning in
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

When I logged in earlier today I had no more changes this month but I just logged back in to delete device and yes, I have 1 change, so i deleted my pc then re registered my pc again and I can now view TV.
Thank you Kath.

Gorthox
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm, just like magic Smiley Wink

Glad to hear things are working again for you Gorthox. 

If you have any other issues, please let me know and i'll be happy to assist. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Radge10
Joining in
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I'm also getting "DEVICE LIMIT REACHED" error code 106 whilst using a recently registered device.

The steps I took were to first register the device (using chrome).  When I tried to watch TV it was just a blank screen so I followed your disable Pepper Flash procedure.  I tried to watch TV again and I got the loading screen but it never loaded. I then cleared my cache and logged on again.  When I tried to watch again I got the "DEVICE LIMIT REACHED". 

Both of my device slots are in use now and the one where I have registered on chrome keeps getting this message. 

Exactly the same happened last month and I had been waiting until today (1st of new month) to try to resolve the problem.

It seems that you are able to resolve these problems for people by accessing their accounts.  The email I have used for this forum doesn't match with the email I have on my account.  Can you advise what I need to do to link this query to my account please.

Very disappointed with this as I was hoping to watch the match on BT Sports today form a remote location.

Can you also advise (for future reference) whether or not clearing my cache has an effect on this?

0 Kudos
Radge10
Joining in
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

any chance I can get an answer to this Virgin as there is a very important match I want to see tomorrow

0 Kudos
TaiChiMan
Dialled in
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

I am getting this problem - tried to fix it but all of my device changes are now gone for January Smiley Sad  is there anyway I can get count reset so I can start again and do it properly ??

Jim

0 Kudos
Radge10
Joining in
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

any chance of an answer from the Virgin team on this?

0 Kudos
Radge10
Joining in
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Jim,  I just called 0345 454 1111 and they sorted it out over the phone.  Took 25 minutes and I got passed around every department they have but when I got a guy who knew what he was doing it was easy.  Probably a better option than waiting for something to happen on this forum

0 Kudos