Menu
Dazpoz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Device limit reached on sky sports

Hi there. I've got the same problem as a lot of people with the device limit reached when trying to watch Sky Sports. I was using it no problems for a long time, but my one iPad broke so had to register another MONTHS ago !! Since then I haven't been able to watch as it says device limit reached. I was told to delete both then add one at the start of month.  Tried that, plus other stuff but still can't watch anything. Could someone please help ??

0 Kudos
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device limit reached on sky sports

Just found I have the same problem. How can I not be over the limit for VM but over for Sky Sport? Makes no sense to me. Typical dysfunctional VM software. About time they provided a halfway decent system.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dazpoz

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you're getting device limit reached on your iPad when trying Sky Sports.

TV Anywhere and Sky Movies/Sky Sports have two separate sections for device registrations. If you change a device for TV Anywhere then it will need to be changed on Sky apps also.

If you log into your TV Anywhere account (through a PC/laptop), on the right under My Profile you will see Device Settings and Sky Movies and Sky Sports. Device Settings will show the devices to use TV Anywhere and Sky Movies and Sky Sports will show the devices for Sky.

From your account it does show that there are 2 devices already registered for Sky apps. Is the iPad within the list? If not you will need to remove a device, then go back on the iPad itself, log into the Sky Sports app with your Virgin Media details and stream a channel for registration.

Try this and let me know if it works.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dazpoz
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha..

Thank you so much for getting in contact.
IT WORKED !!!
I can't understand for the life of me why the option to change registered devices on the iPad, which is the device you want to watch Sky Soorts on doesn't work... But doing it on the PC, a device I don't want to watch it on does work ?? Makes no sense ??

But, either way... After a long time putting up with the problem, I can finally watch sky sports on my iPad again !

Thanks again Samantha !
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dazpoz

Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad this is now working for you Smiley Happy.

I know it can be confusing sometimes when trying to register devices for Sky and for TV Anywhere. If there are any further issues by all means let me know.

All the best

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos