Menu
barmyarmy66
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Device limit reached nightmare

Hi guys

Paying over £110 per month with 5 household members and can still only register 2 devices...

...I am unable to remove the desktop so I can add a virgin mobile to watch Sky Sports. Got 1 change left but am not near a DT PC.

Can the tech bods do this from your end or am I screwed til I return Tuesday?

Thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device limit reached nightmare

Your Sky devices are managed separately & can be different to your two devices registered for TV Anywhere. You can also use mobile data for Sky devices, so it's a shame you're on the only UK mobile network that doesn't offer 4G speeds.

Go here:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

and delete the unwanted device. Then launch the Sky Sports app & start streaming on it. It will register automatically.

edit: you can do the above in any browser, even on your mobile.

All Replies
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2 devices is the limit for all in one household. obviously there can't be unlimited amounts or you could have 30 people for example all using virgins tv services but only one bill being paid.  i would prefer 3 in our household. but 2 it is.

0 Kudos
barmyarmy66
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

As the billpayer I am fully aware of the limits but agree more via the same ip would be better.

Needs a rethink.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your Sky devices are managed separately & can be different to your two devices registered for TV Anywhere. You can also use mobile data for Sky devices, so it's a shame you're on the only UK mobile network that doesn't offer 4G speeds.

Go here:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

and delete the unwanted device. Then launch the Sky Sports app & start streaming on it. It will register automatically.

edit: you can do the above in any browser, even on your mobile.