Menu
mikefraser
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device limit reached error

I have 2 devices registered, both of which work on TV Anywhere itself, but when I tried just now to watch Sky Sports,I got a message stating device limit reached. The devices haven't been changed since June last year, so it looks like the Sky system thinks my laptop is a third device. To add to the fun, I tried to delete the laptop from my profile to add it again, but I can't delete it.  Looks like my account may be corrupted - can you help?

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device limit reached error

I have the same problem.
0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I kept deleting via the website and it just accepted it after several attempts.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mikefraser, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having watching Sky Sports. 

The TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

The changes have been reset today so as long as you have a free slot by following the path above you can re-register the device by attempting to stream from Sky Sports. 

Keep me posted.
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mikefraser
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Your reset seems to have unjammed the works, as I have now been able to delete my laptop, then reinstalled it and now have Sky Sports and Movies again.  I have no idea how the system came to conclude I'd gone over the limit, as I only have two suitable devices, but then Sky is unable to distinguish between Windows Edge and Chrome, as I found out when I used the former in error, so I suppose I ought not to be surprised!!! Fortunately Explorer still works.

Many thanks

Mike F

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are working. 

If you have any further issue's come back and let us know.

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos