Menu
dster54
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Device limit reached - Sky Sports

Like a lot of other virgin media customers, I cannot access sky sports on my MacBook Pro – having been told that I have reached the device limit.

I had two devices registered, so I deleted one and registered my MacBook again. It looks to me like I might have the same MacBook Pro registered twice, but I still can't watch Sky Sports.

Can you help?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
clerom
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device limit reached - Sky Sports

The screenshot you have shown is for the devices you have registered to watch TV Anywhere on. You need to select the Sky Cinema and Sky Sports section  (same area online in device registration, on the left side select the Sky button) and then you can see what you have registered to watch the Sky apps on

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dster54,

Thank you for coming in and posting, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to see there's been a bit of a hiccup on the access, i would like to ask if you're able to try different browsers?

As for the registered devices, you should be able to see what you have registered on your TV Anywhere section inside My Virgin Media Smiley Happy

Let me know what you can see and speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dster54
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ben

I tried with Firefox and get the same message ("Device limit reached").

I have two devices registered, which I think are the same MacBook Pro. I've attached a screenshot. As per my first post, the other day I removed one that was existing and re-registered this MacBook. They may be the same MacBook.

Screenshot of devices attached.

What isn't showing is my iPhone as a device - I can watch Sky Sports on that using my Virgin Media account.

Darren

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 14.30.11.png

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The screenshot you have shown is for the devices you have registered to watch TV Anywhere on. You need to select the Sky Cinema and Sky Sports section  (same area online in device registration, on the left side select the Sky button) and then you can see what you have registered to watch the Sky apps on

dster54
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great, thanks, I think I've got it sorted.

Very helpful response - how you get there isn't intuitive.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us regarding this dster54,

Great advice from clerom!

I'm glad to hear that this has been sorted for you now.

Let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ben, guessing at answers on one of the most commonly asked questions here (and getting it wrong) doesn't help anyone.

The problem was simple; OP wasn't aware that devices for Sky Movies & Sports are managed (and registered) separately. Taking your advice of changing browsers would have achieved nothing other than to use up a device change quite unnecessarily and still be no closer to fixing the problem. The device management link you posted goes nowhere helpful either.

It's by far the most widely reported problem here, and with the right help, so easily fixed.

0 Kudos
Kanejake
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it looks like I've fallen foul of the same problem. I was getting a temporary error code 3001 when I tried to access sky sports, I subsequently discover that the device wasn't registered to watch sky sports even though I thought the device registration for TV Anywhere was enough to give access.

So in my panic to work this out I inadvertently de registered my new iPad Pro on tv anywhere before I found out there was another menu to register for sky sports, so now I can watch sky sports but not BT sports (as I assume this is a different registration in TV Anywhere) no it won't let me re register for BT Sports for another month!! How confusing and utterly frustrating? 

Can I somehow shortcut this restriction? Otherwis3 I'm now paying for a service I cannot fully watch.

thansk in Advance.

0 Kudos