Menu
dizzydream
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Device limit reached - AGAIN - same device used!

I'm trying to watch Virgin Anywhere - i only ever use three (max) devices, so i alternate sometimes because i completely understand i'm only allowed two devices per month. These devices have remained the same three devices for the past three years.  Yet, every...single...time...i go to watch TV anywhere, i can't use the registered device and when i re-register the same laptop (or tablet) it then says my limit has been reached.

Why is this always so predictable?  So, now i can't use my laptop because (even though i have an available slot), it says i have made too many changes.  Which was...my laptop not working when registered, so i re-registered and it still didn't work...

Confused?  Me too.

Help...please?!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device limit reached - AGAIN - same device used!

Hi Dizzydream Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, I hope you have been keeping well. I can understand your frustration on what's been going on, I would like to help and if you can try the tips below and let me know if there's any news on it?:- 

• Sign out and sign back in, after clearing your cache/temp files. Make sure when signing in anywhere, that the caps lock is monitored and the username and password are typed correctly.
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
  • Check to see if you can sign into TV Anywhere from a PC to see if it streams. Please bear in mind that Chrome isn't supported.
  • Check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is unsupported.

In the meantime, I have refreshed your allowances.

Give these a go and please get back to me when you can.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
dizzydream
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I'll try this.

Out of interest, are there plans to make it Chrome-compatible? It's the most popular browser in the world.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

dizzydream wrote:
Thanks, I'll try this.

Out of interest, are there plans to make it Chrome-compatible? It's the most popular browser in the world.

Thanks again.

When Chrome reinstates the full version of Flash into their web browser rather than the 'Pepper Flash' version they use currently (The Chrome plugin setup is the problem) or if the TVA anywhere goes 100% HTML5, then Chrome would work no problem with TVA.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos