Menu
villakewman10
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device limit frustration

Trying to watch live tv on my iMac and it says device limit reached.... but IT IS ONE OF MY REGISTERED DEVICES.

Renaming it doesn't work.... very annoying

0 Kudos
Monty5
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device limit frustration

Hello, yes I'm getting the same problem.   We had this issue back in the summer and it took weeks to resolve. The biggest frustration is the lack of updates. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi villakewman10,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad 

If you updated the browser or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Monty5, 

Thanks for post and apologies to hear that you too are having the same issue. 

I have done the same for you, added a device change. If you can follow the same steps as above this should resolve things for you. 

Keep us posted on how you get on too. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Monty5
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Many thanks, that worked a treat and I've re-registered the pc.

Kath, could you give me another device change so that I can re-register my 2nd device which has experienced the same problem ?

Many thanks,

Monty5

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's great news Monty5 Smiley Happy

Glad to hear all is working for you now. If you have any further issues, pop back and let me know. 

We're only able to add 1 device change per month for our customers so you'll need to wait until the 1st December to add the second device. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos