Menu
StephanieB
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Device is not registered

I am watching virgin on my Mac however on the 23rd it said that my device is not registered. Which is incorrect because if it wasn't I wouldn't have been able to watch virgin for months before that.

Surely enough, when I went to register it, "Stephanie Mac" was showing as registered in the 1st field. So, using my 2nd device field, I registered my Mac again and deleted the 1st field in case this would cause a conflict. All was sorted, until the following day, when it happened again! However now I can't do anything due to the restriction.

If anyone can help i'd be grateful.

To Virgin:

Why are you asking me registered a device that has already been registered for month?

And why it keeps happening: I had to do this procedure many times in the past.

What are you doing to sort this issue asap? t's been like this for at least 24h already?

Tags (1)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device is not registered

Hi StephanieB, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having a new face here even though the circumstances are less than great. We are aware of this issue. 

Just to give you an update, the teams have been working on this and we hope to have a resolution soon. 

As a work around we are able to add a device change for you which will allow you to register the device however as soon as you log out, you will get the same error again. To get the change added, please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options to speak to the Broadband Faults team. 

I know this isn't the best solution but it is only a work around until we can get things back to normal for you. 

Keep an eye on the sticky here for further updates: TV Anywhere Device Registration

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
StephanieB
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device is not registered

Hi Kath, 

Are you saying that every single time I'm logging out I have to waste an awful amount of  time trying to get hold of anyone at Virgin just to add a device change? Are you aware how difficult it is to get hold of virgin at the moment? Phone and online chat?

Why can't you just add this change automatically to keep your customers happy and of frustrating them with your system that doesn't work and having them to explain the issue over and over again? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos