Menu
andyads74
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Device for Sky Sports now not registered

Hi

I got a new PC earlier this month and successfully registered this device and have been watching Sky Sports on this PC since then. I tried to watch the cricket yesterday on this PC on SS2 and got a message box saying 'Unable to register this device. You have already used your devices changes this month'. Looking at this message board, this appears to be an ongoing issue.

Can this be resolved so that I can watch Sky Sports again.

Thanks

0 Kudos
garjay
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device for Sky Sports now not registered

Just had exactly the same  thing happen to me. Watching SS without any problems when I registered the new PC but tried to watch the cricket today and get the same message as you. Went back to My Profile and the new device is one of the two allowed. Not sure what else to do.

0 Kudos
and235100
Just joined
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes - same for me on Windows 10.

Registered device on 17th July. Was working then.

Now - on the same PC - (no windows updates done since 15th July!) - I have to re-register, using my only device change for this month.

Sky/Virgin need to get a better way to differentiate between devices.

Strangely, always works fine on my Sony z5 premium - except when there is an update for the app..

To be fair, Sky probably think they are doing Virgin's customers a huge favour having this content available, no matter how poor the customer service is, and Virgin don't want to rock the boat in case they lose their customers access to any kind of Sky content on the go.

0 Kudos
andyads74
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I have to wait until next month to re-register which is annoying to say the least...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you have been having using the Sky Sports app. 

Whenever an update to the OS or your browser occurs you will need to re-register your device Smiley Happy

I have gone into each of your accounts and added a device change for you to use to re-register the device. 

If you just try streaming from the device it will automatically register for you. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
andyads74
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello again. Having sorted the Sky Sports, I now have the same issue with TV Anywhere. I am trying to watch the Community Shield on BT Sport 2, but am getting the 'You have reached your device limit' even though my PC is registered. This really isn't good enough and is extremely frustrating...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi andyads74, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and I'm glad to hear that the Sky Sports site is working for you now. 

The TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

As you hadn't mentioned an issue with TV Anywhere in your post I didn't realise you had an issue with this too otherwise I could have resolved this the same time as I did the Sky one Smiley Happy 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
andyads74
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello again

Just tried watching SS2 this morning on my PC and am getting the 'you have reached your device limit' message again. It has been fine for the last couple of weeks so why has it come back up again. I have a device change available but do not want to use it because I haven't changed anything and do not want to waste my device change.

Why is this happening on a regular basis??

I have accessed BT Sport on my PC this morning and it is OK (at the moment) so it is Sky Sports specific

0 Kudos
cliffc
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Slightly different problem I go the issue on the other halfs laptop after it has been away from repair, when we went in to remove the device both showed as pc instead of one showing laptop, I worked out which one was the laptop removed it and then got other half to log in and re add her laptop but instead it shows 2 PCs and no changes left, I did call your help desk and spoke to one of the team in India who could not fix the issue he put me through to 2nd line but after 20 mins thay did not answer can you help me with this please so my other half can watch sky and the other channels again.

Cliff C

0 Kudos
andyads74
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I still can't get Sky Sports on my PC - can this be looked at asap please

0 Kudos