Menu
sweeks1903
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Device detection problem

Hi there, been using my laptop for a long time to watch TV on the go, last week when I went to watch a programme I was advised that my device was not registered. Upon checking it had disappeared, but a slot was still free ( the other taken by my tablet ), but it would not let me register in August as you are only allowed 1 change a month ( the tablet was added then ). Having went back in today to re-register my laptop, the device detection just keep timing out - will not pick it up. I can see there is a space still available, but curiously it states that the "last activity" was a device change, literally at the time I tried to register. So it reads like it picked it up, but cannot detect device - note ive tried watching a show, but just comes up with a white screen?? Appreciate any help on this, I travel a lot and therefore use this regularly when away. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device detection problem

you will probably need to call help, and they will reset your number of devices, at least they have done that for me. The whole device registration thing is a real pain, especially since it regularly fails 

Grannyager
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It certainly has been failing a lot over the past couple of months!  Before that it was quite stable and I certainly never had any trouble.  I have the same device registered in both slots because of the shenanigans a couple of months ago.  It really needs sorting out!

I will give the help line a call - good to know that they will reset your devices for you

All Replies
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you will probably need to call help, and they will reset your number of devices, at least they have done that for me. The whole device registration thing is a real pain, especially since it regularly fails 

Grannyager
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It certainly has been failing a lot over the past couple of months!  Before that it was quite stable and I certainly never had any trouble.  I have the same device registered in both slots because of the shenanigans a couple of months ago.  It really needs sorting out!

I will give the help line a call - good to know that they will reset your devices for you