Menu
Frog2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Device could not be detected

My TV anywhere keeps telling me "device could not be detected".

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device could not be detected

Hi Frog2,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's nice to have a new face in the Community Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear that your device is no longer being detected. Since the last time this was working for you, have you updated anything such as the OS or the browsers? 

When going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings, is your device still showing as being registered there? If so, delete it so the slot is freed up for you. 

Using Internet Explorer or Firefox, make sure you're running the latest version and there are no updates to be run. Delete Flash and re-download to ensure you are running the latest version. Clear the cache, cookies and browsing history. Make sure your cookies are set to Always too if you are using a MAC.

Go back to anywhere.virginmedia.com and sign in as normal. Go to the On Now section and select Channel 4 to attempt streaming. Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how it all goes. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Frog2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It fixed itself yesterday but thanks anyway. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frog2,

Thanks for letting coming back and us know things are resolved now. 

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos