Menu
Sontagg
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Device could not be detected

I have been watching TV anywhere for the last week and have just started having trouble when trying to watch any channel the screen will go blank and say 'Device not detected' I have since found out that Chrome is not a supported browser but thought it was strange how I could watch on it for a short period of time. I have used both device changes and find it hard to believe this is the only way to fix my issue. Before anyone asks I have tried using firefox and IE since.

Please help!

Thanks

Callum

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device could not be detected

Hi Callum, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with this. I'm afraid the only way to resolve this is by removing and re registering your device on a compatible browser. 

I would love to help you further to get this done. 

I've not been able to locate your account details. I have sent you a private message asking for some information. Once I receive your reply I will be able to help.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Callum, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with this. I'm afraid the only way to resolve this is by removing and re registering your device on a compatible browser. 

I would love to help you further to get this done. 

I've not been able to locate your account details. I have sent you a private message asking for some information. Once I receive your reply I will be able to help.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Sontagg
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi followed your steps and was all well and good up until now.

Have been using IE/ Firefox to watch and today it is coming up the same error (Device Not Found) When I try to watch any channel.

0 Kudos
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same trouble this morning. Tried accessing via Windows 10 and FF on a couple of devices and got the same message: "device could not be detected".

0 Kudos
vic_bris
Just joined
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As of today I have had the same problem. I have been able to watch live TV on the site using IE for ages, but all of a sudden my device cannot be detected. I tried using Firefox, and everything is up to date as far as I know (flash player, java), but still nothing.

I did try to delete and re-register the device, but when I go to the device registration page it just says "device could not be detected" with no option to delete or otherwise.

0 Kudos
cyrilgoodhand
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I seem to the same problem since yesterday 28/2.

Unable to open any channel, just going to a blank screen, and tonight it started coming up with "Device could not be detected" with no options to do anything else. 

0 Kudos
Sn_ake
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am also seeing the same issue. Tried the usual clearing of the cache and updates, however the fact that the device listing screen States "Device could not be detected" points to the issue being server side rather than client side.

Seems the ball is in virgins court!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Apologies to hear you are having an issue using TV Anywhere currently. 

We're aware there is a fault and we are already on the case to get this resolved. 

We'll be posting any updates to this thread here: TV Anywhere online and iOS

Once again, apologies for any inconveniences. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
rossgourlay
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm having this problem on a pc. I've emptied a slot, updated flash, tried multiple browsers with no success. I've tried clicking the link above but get an access denied message (You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.). Is there a resolution to this problem now?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi rossgourlay, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've been having an issue getting TV Anywhere to stream. 

There was a fault we became aware of that has since been resolved. 

How have things been since you last posted? I'm hoping all is working as it should be now but if not, and you're still having an issue, come back and let me know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos