Menu
Alby41
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Device change after Windows 10 upgrade

I recently upgraded a Compaq laptop running Windows 7 to the new Windows 10. all is OK now

I have two devices registered... a Samsung tablet and the W7 upgraded laptop all OK ... the service

at VM TV anywhere does not support Google ,Microsoft Edge that come with the W10 upgrade

so I removed Google but I never use the Edge Browser. I use now Firefox everyday its fine.. for me

..... now I can access the VM TV anywhere and get to my device changes screen  ( I have had to wait

since 6.12.2015 to change a device )

but it will not let me delete / change the laptop upgraded to W10 and using the Firefox upgraded

browser ,,, tried for 1 hour still no go ... advice please anyone .. I am not at my home address at the

mo but will this make a difference. I would like to access the service

0 Kudos
Alby41
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device change after Windows 10 upgrade

Well Well , I managed it , the service must have been in meltdown on New Years Day

or connection issues , I worked in IT/Communication before and quickly learnt that everyone

but everyone plays with thier new toy on a Public Holiday ... when there is little else to alleviate

a degree of boredom....Electronic meltdown issues ... So it deleted the lappy with windows 7 and accepted windows 10

with firefox and plugin ..   I watched some Sky sports .. So .New Year Greatings to all... from a currently soggy

Hampshire ... but drier here than up North

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device change after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello Alby41,

I'm so glad to hear that re-registering your device after the Windows 10 upgrade on your laptop workedSmiley Happy

I have to admit, I was one of those people attempting to alleviate the holiday boredom on New Year's Day, but eventually gave up trying to get online and had to resort to watching my Game of Thrones box set the old fashioned way--via DVD on the TV...Winter's coming, by the way—as you said, looks like we’re in for a cold and soggy one!

Apologies that you were experiencing problems accessing TV Anywhere in the first place after your upgrade. 

As long as you are connecting your device via WiFi (not 3G or 4G), then you should be able to access your TVA anywhere within the UK--you don't have to be in your own home.

Please let me know if I can help further. 

Take care,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos