Menu
tooomsmiiith
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device cannot be detected

Hello I am currently unable to register my laptop as a device to watch TV on the go. Currently when I go onto device settings it says device cannot be detected (is a brand new laptop so I wouldn't have thought it would be anything hardware related). Was just wondering if anybody has had a similar problem or if anyone has a solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device cannot be detected

Hi toomsmiith

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your service lately.

When you look at your current registered devices, how many are you seeing? What browser and OS are you using on the laptop too? Try to make sure cookies are enabled on the browser you're using if possibleMan Happy

Sorry for all the questions, look forward to hearing from you and getting this sorted.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tooomsmiiith
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi craig, it currently says that I can register up to 2 devices. I am using a windows 10 laptop and Internet explorer as the browser, I also have cookies enabled. Have attached a screenshot if that helps, thanks! 2016-11-03.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi toomsmiith

Thanks for the fast response, do you have any other devices that have already worked? Through a browser or through the app.

Can you check you've got the latest version of Flash and Java on the laptop? This is a long shot but are you outside of the UK at the moment? Or have anything masking your connection to say that you are?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tooomsmiiith
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have just tried to do it through the app on my phone and has also not worked saying their is a steaming error. Am currently in the UK, am using the wifi in my universities residencies halls, thinking it may potentially be that? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tooomsmiiith,

Thank you for your post and trying out what Craig has mentioned.

Whenever there are issue it's best to carry out some of the following practices:-

• Can you sign into TV Anywhere from a PC to see if it streams? If it does, try to pop it into Away mode.
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies. I can refresh your allowances from here if you need.
  • Check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is unsupported.

Give these a go and please get back to me when you can.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos