Menu
Kirky1969
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Device Registration

I've registered a device tonight, when I tried to watch the app it stated the device was not registered. I returned to the registration screen and deleted the device so as I could reregister it, now I find I can't reregister it until the 1st Oct.

I have to say that when the app works, it works well, but when it doesn't, it's absolutely shocking and falls far behind its competitors.

This combined with ever increasing monthly charges and not being able to speak with anyone at Customer Services other than a computer only makes consider switching sooner rather than later!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Registration

Hi Kirky1969,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been unable to stream via TV Anywhere due to a registration fault. 

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence. I have added a device change for you to be able to do this Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos