Menu
CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Device Registration errors

I currently have two devices listed as being registered which have always worked in the past - until today! This evening I attempted to use the app on one of those devices, only to get an error message saying the device needs to be registered - despite the fact that it is shown as registered.  I cannot delete and re-register as I have no changes available till February!  Why will it not work on one of the two devices already registered?  Every other part of the app works on the tablet, just will not let me watch tv.  Have to say the Virgin Media service seems to get worse each time the prices increase!!!!!!!!!  Still no resolution to my Sky Sports App problem which has now been ongoing for about 4 MONTHS  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Registration errors

Hi CaroleS, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you are not having much luck using TV Anywhere at the moment. 

Recently there was an update to the app aswell as Apple releasing an iOS update. Both of these may result in you needing to re-register the device afterwards. 

I have gone into the account and added a device change for you to re-register one of the devices. 

With regards to the Sky Sports issue, did you contact the team about this? How did the call go?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So, when I go into device registration, it tells me that I already have my two devices registered, and they are the two I want to use for TV Anywhere, namely my Samsung Tablet and Samsung Laptop. It also tells me there is one device change, as you say. so I decided to delete the tablet and then add it again. However, neither the rename or delete button work, so I am still getting nowhere; to make matters worse when I open the app on either my phone or tablet, the only choices I have to watch anything are on TV, so the app is not recognising that I have any devices at all. The whole situation is now getting too frustrating, I think my best best will be to forget Virgin Media altogether

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi CaroleS, 

This is frustrating I agree. 

I think the best thing to do is completely start from scratch with the app. 

Using a PC / Laptop (Not a mobile or tablet device) go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings

Delete both the devices you currently have registered. Un-install the app from your tablet and on your laptop, close the browser and then delete the cache, cookies and browsing history. This will remove any trace of TV Anywhere from your devices. 

We can then start from the beginning. On your laptop, open up Internet Explorer or Firefox, which ever you prefer. Go to anywhere.virginmedia.com and sign in using your Primary My Virgin Media details. 

Once logged in, go to On Now and select Channel 4 to begin streaming. This will prompt you to register your device. Follow the prompts and streaming should then commence. 

Let me know once this is done and whether you've been successful. Once the laptop is registered I can then add another device change for you to register your tablet. 

Keep me posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So, it is pretty obvious from this latest reply that you have not fully read back the history - each reply you just tell me to repeat what I have already done umpteen times, even before contacting you.   Still I thought I'll give it one last try before ditching Virgin.... 1st problem - since I have no device changes left it will not even let me delete the registered devices!  so can go no further.

Goodbye

0 Kudos
CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Right, after my last reply I have tried on and off and at last the link has worked and I deleted both devices. I then followed your instructions EXACTLY, removing all cookies (to my annoyance as I now have to reenter my sign in details to dozens of sites!) and get as far as selecting Channel 4, proceeding to register device, only to once again get the message that I have no device changes available. 

Quite honestly, I am now getting extremely annoyed at getting advice from Virgin Media that simply does not work and getting closer and closer to the point of cancelling my agreement and going elsewhere for my tv, broadband and telephone services!

I would also like to know why I continually have to sign in to the forum when I never log out and every time I select the option to stay signed in - 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Apologies CaroleS, 

I understand that it's really annoying having to go through steps you've already done however removing TV Anywhere completely means starting from the beginning with the steps. 

I did add a device change on for you but for some reason it didn't go through. I've added one for you today and double checked to ensure it's there. If you now try to register the device things should work. 

My fingers are crossed. Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
CaroleS
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI. I have not bothered with this since my last reply to you, so only just seen your latest. So, today I have followed your instructions again, and yes it days there are two device slots available, it also says I made a device change on 28th January, which I did not - I assume perhaps this is when you added a change? Anyway, I managed to register my laptop as you advised, however it will not now allow me to add my tablet until 1st March, so despite you saying you added a further device change and confirmed it was showing, it will still not allow me to register a second device.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi CaroleS, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

The change I added would have been used up when you managed to re-register the laptop. It's great to hear that the registration has gone through for that.

As it's a new month, I've been able to add another device change today so you can now go in and register the tablet. 

Hopefully that will register right away too and we can put this mess behind us Smiley Happy

As always, keep me posted on this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos