Menu
VurgenMeedior
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Device Registration Temporary Fix

While the known "Device Limit Reached" is not fixed, and knowing that re-registering a device 'fixes' the problem for at least a session, is there any chance of having a handful of 'device changes' added to get us through the long week ahead Smiley Happy please?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Judas
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Registration Temporary Fix

We've got no chance of that, we can't even get a decent explanation of why this is happening or why it takes a week to fix. Only false information (only Windows systems indeed). Though, because they call it a free service - despite the fact its behind a paywall - they probably have one engineer working on it.

0 Kudos
VurgenMeedior
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2000 years of guilt for 'shopping' Jesus in to the authorities has made you bitter, my son. I hear there were no Device Limits back then and the people were happy enough with just a goat for amusement Smiley Surprised At least the community chat is working so there is always hope. Eternal hope.

0 Kudos
VurgenMeedior
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If it is only a Windows problem maybe I could get my tablet registered (Android) in the mean time . Still need another device Change added though pleaeeease.
0 Kudos
AdeTheJambo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The limitation of two devices is overly restrictive for most households, even small ones. Why can the restriction not be on how many devices can stream concurrently - this works for Netflix? Many individuals may watch on a laptop when static but on a tablet or mobile when on the move and a laptop is not practical.

Similarly the restriction on device changes is also over the top, particularly as the registration process is so flaky. What is this meant to accomplish? Surely Virgin could monitor automatically to identify abuse of the system and de-registering and re-registering is a hassle so no-one would want to do it more often than necessary.

0 Kudos