Menu
philwaters
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Device Registration Problem

I registered my device and it worked no problem using Internet Explorer but when I tried to watch via Microsoft Edge on the same device and it tells me my device is not registered?

Why does it treat a different browser as a different device when it is the same one?

Is there any way I can use the service with Edge?

0 Kudos
philwaters
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Registration Problem

Does anyone know if this issue can be resolved?

I will be honest (at the risk of sounding disgruntled, but I'm really not) - I have never had a positive experience using TV Anywhere and I've been a user since the start but this usage has been very minimal and I so wanted it not to be.
0 Kudos
philwaters
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No one has a solution for this?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi philwaters, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have been having trying to use TV Anywhere. 

Edge seems to throw up errors all the time so we try and advise customers to avoid this if it's working fine on another browser. 

Saying that, once your device is registered, you should use the same browser you registered it with. 

You can give Edge a try but you will need to re-register the device first. To do this 

using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

Doing this will use up your change for the month though. 

Hope that information helps. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos