Menu
peterking80
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device Registration Hell

Sky Devices page says I have used my one change when in fact all I've done is delete one device. It won't let me register a new device in its place. Why?
0 Kudos
peterking80
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Registration Hell

Just to be clear, I am only trying to replicate the change I made in the TV Anywhere app. I'm happy with that set-up and want to use the same devices for the Sky Sports app. Of course, it's ridiculous the apps don't sync, and it's ridiculous that you can't make the same change for the Sky Sports app that you've made for the TV Anywhere app - because it says you've already used your change for the month when you haven't. I see from the forums that the same problem keeps arising time and time again.
0 Kudos
peterking80
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please can someone from Virgin help with this? It is breach of contract for services not provided - I am paying a lot of money for Sky Sports and am missing the game in an hour as things stand. I need two extra changes for the Sky Devices page so it marries with the TV Anywhere devices, which are finally correct. I will have to start multiple posting if this continues, then cancel my contract, then consider Small Claims Court action.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Current lead time for a staff reply is around a week...

Have you tried 150?

0 Kudos
peterking80
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Kippies. All disgraceful really. Spent 5 hours on this - spoke with 4 different departments. Think it's OK now.

Top tip: demand to speak with "Tier 2" escalation department for any such troubles. There really is no point speaking with anyone else.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To be blunt, I wouldn't have even suggested it under normal circumstances. But at this time of the week on shore aren't working and you needed it sorted today. SO it was our only option.

At least you seem to be a persistent chap and have it sorted- hope you haven't missed too much of the match.