Menu
IntroRich
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Device Reg for Sky Sports

Hi, I have had 2 devices registered for Sky for a while. I have just updated both machines to Windows 10 and now I'm being told I have reached the limit and can't access Sky. Under Devices they are shown as Office and Dell Laptop, on Cinema & Sports as 6 digit numbers. Any help gratefully received

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Reg for Sky Sports

Hi IntroRich,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming since upgrading to Windows 10 Smiley Sad 

Whenever you update the OS then you would need to re-register your device via TV Anywhere and Sky. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

For TV Anywhere: 

> Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

> Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

> Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy 

For the Sky apps: 

> You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

> Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button.

> Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the Sky Movies or Sky Sports app and select a channel to stream. This will register the device automatically Smiley Happy

Come back and let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
IntroRich
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your response. This problem only appears to apply to Sky, so I have to wait until Sept to re-register both devices.

If you could allocate me another device change for August, that would probably solve the problem

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi IntroRich, 

I'm already one step ahead of you Smiley Wink

I should have mentioned in my previous post that I have added a device change for you to re-register the device. Both for TV Anywhere and for Sky. 

Give it a try and let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos