Menu
dfurness
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Device Not Supported - Android 6.01

I've got a phone running Android Marshmallow 6.01

Play Store says it's not supported - are there plans to support this OS? The phone is a Xiaomi Mi Note, and it's not rooted
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Not Supported - Android 6.01

It works on my  nexus 5x running android 6.0.1 so it may be the phone itself or the screen size

0 Kudos
dfurness
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. The screen is 1920x1080. I'm not even allowed to download the app from Play. 

Do Virgin need to add specific devices to the list allowed to install certain apps?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dfurness, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your device isn't working with TV Anywhere currently. 

The device you have now, have you updated the OS to 6.0.1 or did it come with the OS already installed? 

Currently any devices launched with 6.0.1 installed wont work with TV Anywhere. We are working on a fix for this though. If you have updated to 6.0.1 from a lower OS then TV Anywhere will work as normal.

As soon as I have any news on this, I shall let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dfurness
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've got this app installed and working, now. I had an email from Virgin suggesting I install a hooky version off t'Internet as, Play wouldn't allow me to install it.

Installing the hooky version is a workaround, not a fix, though.

I'd prefer to have a legitimate copy, so perhaps an update can be posted here when the original problem is resolved?

0 Kudos