Menu
Highlighted
Sn_ake
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Device Not Detected! - What is the Cuase and what is the ETA on a Fix?

Has anybody found a fix or know an ETA on a fix?

After just firing up firebug I see that the problem appears to be the post back to virgins DRM server (drm.anywhere.virginmedia.com:8082/flashaccess/authn/v4) from the flash player to authenticate the device due to the 500 server side error state code returned. I also see that the error encountered is posted back to virgin:

anywhere.virginmedia.com/logflasherror

{"event":"authenticationError","deviceID":null,"status":null,"message":"3305","uri":"http://anywhere
.virginmedia.com/channels/live/sky1/"}

Based on the above it would appear on face value the the issue is with Virgins DRM servers, and as there is an automated post back to inform of errors with a message ID that would indicate that Virgin are aware of the issue. As this is the case can anyone from Virgin provide to customers why the service is not working and when it will be fixed!

0 Kudos
Peter44Y
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Not Detected! - What is the Cuase and what is the ETA on a Fix?

I was informed that it will not be fixed until 6pm today

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is a post about this at the top of the forum about the current TV Anywhere issues.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-online-and-iOS/td-p/3053839

And it's also listed in Service Status (where you can subscribe to text and / or email updates) https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Sn_ake
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to say all appears to be working now, thanks virgin team Smiley Happy.

For the future is there a proper channel for feeding back issues and suggestions to the dev/ops team? Excuse my ignorance if this has been answered else where.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sn_ake, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know things are now resolved. 

If you have any thoughts, feedback or issues, pop back here and we'll be able to help Smiley Happy

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care.
Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos