Menu
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device Limit Reached

So I have just bought an new tablet (Linx 10/10) to take on holiday on Sunday and made sure everything is installed an updated. 

I have now deleted my I Phone from my devices and added this which is now  showing in my profile as a registered devicebut when I go to watch Sky I get the 'registered device limit reached'.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
StanFX
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device Limit Reached

I had the same problem.

What you need to do is:

Go to Device Settings.

On the left side of the page you will see a menu. Click on Sky Movies & Sky Sports.

On that page is where you can register your device.

Hope that helps.

All Replies
StanFX
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I had the same problem.

What you need to do is:

Go to Device Settings.

On the left side of the page you will see a menu. Click on Sky Movies & Sky Sports.

On that page is where you can register your device.

Hope that helps.

PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, working fine now.

0 Kudos
Sumo16
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had the same message and done the delete and reboot worked ok but when I logged out and later tried again the same problem but this time it wouldnt let me delete and re-enter as my monthly device limit had been reached(1 change a month). So I phoned and spoke to an engineer who very kindly got me back on line. So it has been a week now and still having the problem. The latest is they hope to get it fixed by 1700 hrs 29th June 2016 but who knows!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Shashggr
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm having an issue now. I am trying to access tv anywhere using my usual laptop. I do not have any other devices registered. I do to want to register this laptop again since it is already registered and I would like other family members to have the option. Why is my laptop not being recognised? I am not using a VPN, I have trie logging out and shutting down. I actually keep getting messages telling me I cannot respond to this forum although I seem to be being allowed now! I notice that maintenance is being carried out and that some services are not available so I wonder if this is pertinent although it would appear this issue has been ongoing since early June. Luckily bill paying online is not affected, lol!

Are you still having this problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shashggr,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue with the TV Anywhere website not recognising your device.

There are many things that can cause you the need to re-register your device. A few of these are if you've updated your browser or your OS. I have gone in to your account today and added a device change for you.

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the PC registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere site again and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence 

Has this resolved things or do you still get that error? 

Come back and let me know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos