Menu
stevemnorris
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Device Limit Reached

I have two devices registered to watch Sky Sports and Sky Movies. Neither of these devices will work and never have done. Everytime I try to watch either by logging in on the Skysports or Skymovies app on the device (an iPhone 6s and an iPad) or by trying to connect via TV Anywhere which opens up the app then I get the same message device limit reached. But these are the devices so I am left very confused. 

I have today deleted a device from the manage device section on Virgin and added it again I had one change remaining. However I still get the same result device limit reached. 

Please can somebody help as I have never been able to use this service to watch on the devices and I am getting a little frustrated. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Limit Reached

Hi stevemnorris, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you involved. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue using your iPad and iPhone 6s to watch Sky Sports and/or Movies. 

If we deal with one device at a time this will make things less confusing. 

I have removed both your registered devices for the Sky apps so you now have 2 free slots. I have also added a device change. 

Choose either the iPad or the iPhone. Delete the app from there and turn the device off then back on. Once on go to the App Store and download the Sky Sports or Movies app (Only one of them for now) Once it's downloaded, log in using your My Virgin Media details and try to stream. If streaming works, download the other app and try streaming on that. 

Post back here and let me know what happens. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stevemnorris
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I just did what you advised on the iPad and guess what I got a response of device limit reached. Do you have any further suggestions. I would really appreciate your help as I have been helping Virgin a lot recently as I am trialing a service for you and providing lots of feedback, so would really appreciate your help in return. Thank you.
0 Kudos
cantonbean
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

having same thing with my sky movies app on android. had to remove the device. registered it with the sport app but now cant use movies as getting error with registered devices!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevemnorris, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I really can't see how this error is coming  up as there are no devices registered for use with the Sky apps so you have 2 free slots. 

The only thing I can think of is either you are using a different account to the one we are checking here or there is an error with the account. 

Give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so we can get to the bottom of this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos