Menu
poppet1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Device Limit Reached

Hi. The Sky Sports App is incorrectly telling me I have reached the device limit. I have checked the Virgin page and can see the two devices are correctly listed however I still cannot watch on either of those devices. Please help!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gordon65
Joining in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Limit Reached

I have the same issue, my iphone plays sky movies but says device limit reached on sky sports.  I can delete the device and then re-register the iphone which will work for about a week and then I get the same message again.  This leaves me the rest of the month unable to view Sky Sports as I can only change a device once a month. The ipad works fine but I tend not to carry that about with me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi both

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that you get Device Limit Reached when using Sky Sports but Sky Movies will work fine or vice versa.

If you take a look at this thread, there are other customers having a discussion in regards to this issue. Hopefully we will have an update soon to resolve this. Any information will be replied to on that thread.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gordon65
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for your reply. I will check out that thread.
0 Kudos
poppet1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sam

Is the fix to this imminent? Only I still have the issue and the other thread doesn't particularly suggest anything can be done other than wait...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gordon65 and poppet1,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. Apologies that this issue with TV Anywhere is still ongoing.

I have checked this for you and we are still waiting for an update on this issue.

Once we receive the update, we will notify our Community Forum users, so please check back. 

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
poppet1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Terri

I see from another forum thread that the issue has been fixed if you de-register your devices, and then re-register them again. However I have tried this and the issue remains unchanged. Please can you advise as this has gone on far too long now.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi poppet1,

Thank you for your post on the Community. Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems accessing Sky Sports via the app.

When you removed and re-registered your devices, did you do this on both the TV Anywhere AND the Sky Sports app? If you have only done this on the TV Anywhere app, it won't have changed the Sky Sports app. 

Please verify you have removed/re-registered this on the Sky Sports app and let me know if this issue is still ongoing.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
poppet1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi. For a virgin media customer there is nowhere on the sky sports app (iPhone version 5.1) to manage registered devices. It says:
"You can manage your registered devices on Virgin Media’s device registration page."

Am I missing something? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi poppet1,

Thanks for getting back to me. Apologies that I didn't send you the flow of how to change devices for Sky Sports. 

You'll need to log in to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Delete the device you no longer want registered and then attempt to stream from your iPhone again, it should ask you to register your device again.

Please let me know if it works for you.

I'll also give you a link to our Help Page, apologies if you've already seen these before. This will give you more information about device management with Sky Sports On The Go.

Thanks.

0 Kudos