Menu
Bully671
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Device Limit Reached - Windows 10 Update

I've just recently taken the plunge to use Win 10 and ever since I've had trouble with TV Anywhere. Works fine on the iPad but not with Win 10.

When I open the browser and try to use Skysports or Skymovies I get the following:

Sky Sports 1 Live Stream | Watch TV & Video Online | Sky Sports

Sorry, Chrome no longer supports the Sky Go Player. Please try a supported browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari
browserhappy.com

Ok, I now understand the Microsoft Edge is not Microsoft IE and they are two completely separate browsers.  When i then try and open Skysports in IE i get the Device Limit reached error....ok... not happy now as this is getting silly. Allegedly there is a relationship established with TV Anywhere and the browser on your desktop.... not good if you run virtual software on your desktop and choose to run VMs which you may wish to watch Skysports on.

Further digging through the forums suggests that the best browser is Firefox, which I have now downloaded and installed. The problem now is that I now have to wait until 1st Aug 16 before I can watch Sky products on my PC. Not really acceptable as the TV Anywhere product is flaky at best and many of your competitors out there allow a greater number of devices to be added to an account. You'll agree that its taken a large amount of effort to get this far and I'm sure would struggle and give up. Is this really the quality of service that Virgin want to give their customers?

Please advise how do I get a device reset so I can try Firefox,  which will hopefully allow me to watch sport and movies for which i pay a large amount of money each month!!!

Many thanks

JB

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device Limit Reached - Windows 10 Update

Make sure the dud entry is removed from the device list first. I know that VM can activate an additional device change for TV Anywhere, potentially they may be able to do the same for Sky app. But as it's a Sky thing, I'm not 100% on their options there.

A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here would be able to confirm this, but the time to get a response from one of them is usually about up to three days. You could of course call in about it, ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> choose the Broadband, TV, phone matters -> confirm your details -> from the menu go with option 2 (faults) and report a TV fault. Ask if they can activate an additional device change for you this month.

Or try asking via the web chat even: TV -> TV anywhere (it's the only TV app option listed there, so with a go) -> Chat Online. Access this page from a desktop/laptop between 8AM to 8PM M-Sa. +Add: If all agents are busy, reload the page every 3 minutes and check again.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bully671,

I'm really sorry to hear about the bother you've had with trying to stream via our TV Anywhere service.

I have managed to locate your account and added a device change on for both ours and Sky's services.

Hope this helps,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Make sure the dud entry is removed from the device list first. I know that VM can activate an additional device change for TV Anywhere, potentially they may be able to do the same for Sky app. But as it's a Sky thing, I'm not 100% on their options there.

A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here would be able to confirm this, but the time to get a response from one of them is usually about up to three days. You could of course call in about it, ring 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> choose the Broadband, TV, phone matters -> confirm your details -> from the menu go with option 2 (faults) and report a TV fault. Ask if they can activate an additional device change for you this month.

Or try asking via the web chat even: TV -> TV anywhere (it's the only TV app option listed there, so with a go) -> Chat Online. Access this page from a desktop/laptop between 8AM to 8PM M-Sa. +Add: If all agents are busy, reload the page every 3 minutes and check again.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bully671,

I'm really sorry to hear about the bother you've had with trying to stream via our TV Anywhere service.

I have managed to locate your account and added a device change on for both ours and Sky's services.

Hope this helps,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Bully671
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Shelke,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. The web chat team have been very helpful.

KR

JB

0 Kudos
Bully671
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Awesome! Smiley Happy
0 Kudos