Menu
wizza1405
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device Limit Reached - Windows 10 Update

Have been running Windows 10 for a while now, we watched a film on Sky Movies on the laptop on Sunday evening - no problems.

Applied the latest Windows 10 update yesterday (Version 1511) and now I'm getting the dreaded 'Device Limit' reached.

Tried using my month's device change to sort this - no good.

I've only got the one device registered so I most certainly have not reached my limit....

Followed this by trying to register my desktop (also with the most recent Win 10 update) - device limit reached :-(

Help, please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device Limit Reached - Windows 10 Update

Hi wizza1405,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue re-registering your device for use with the Sky websites. 

After any OS upgrade you'll be required to re-register your device.  

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

If you remove the laptop from here it will then free up space for you to re-register it. I've already reset the Sky devices for you though to save you doing this. In order to re-register just try streaming from the device and it will register automatically Smiley Happy 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi wizza1405,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue re-registering your device for use with the Sky websites. 

After any OS upgrade you'll be required to re-register your device.  

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

If you remove the laptop from here it will then free up space for you to re-register it. I've already reset the Sky devices for you though to save you doing this. In order to re-register just try streaming from the device and it will register automatically Smiley Happy 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

wizza1405
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath,
Thank you so much - you are a STAR!
Just for my own clarity then.... To avoid this in future, I simply use Sky Movies/Sports after a system update and let the device 'self register' rather than log into my account and use a device change.
Incidentally, does the device I've now successfully registered count as a 'change' as I do now have a second to register. Obviously if so, I'll simply use the 'auto register' feature again next month.
Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi wizza1405, 

The Auto register isn't so much of a feature. It's how to register the Sky Devices. 

By adding a device you still use up your change. I've added a device change for you to add your second device though so just start streaming from that one now to register this too Smiley Happy 

Hope that clears things up for you. 

I'm here if you need any further assistance. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar issue post Windows 10 upgrade.  

Re-subscribed after a break from Sky Sports and got Sky Movies/Sky Sports in time for Christmas, but have the dreaded...

Sorry, you have no device changes remaining this month.

So I can only watch Sky Sports and Movies on the PC, despite having an available slot (Removing the same box pre-Windows 10)

Is it possible to reset so I can add another device?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi arrgee1991,

Sometimes Christmas wishes do come true Smiley Wink

Try streaming again on the second device you want registered and this should now work. 

Let us know.

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year too Smiley Happy

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos