Menu
Bully671
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Device Limit Reached - Windows 10/Firefox browser.

Not sure what is going on with browsers.......AGAIN!! Using Firefox TV Anywhere seems to run fine until i go to Sky Sports - which opens in a new tab on the Sky website to be presented with your device limit has been reached.

The device in my profile is the device I am using!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can,t you just use the MACaddress of the device and keep it simple and therfore browser agnostic!!!

I pay a lot of money to Virgin to watch Sky Sports and the service is shocking. maybe iys time I cut the middle man out and dealt with Sky directly!

JB

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device Limit Reached - Windows 10/Firefox browser.

Possibly the change via TV Anywhere is not dynamically updated in the Skysports.

Correct; your device management was working exactly how it is supposed to. Devices for Sky Movies & Sports are managed separately, which is actually quite handy as you can watch Sky premium content via their apps using mobile data. You can't use mobile data for streaming TV Anywhere.  So I've no interest in streaming TV Anywhere on my mobile & don't have it as one of my two devices, but often watch Sky Sports on my phone when out & about.

TV Anywhere device management: http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/

Sky device management: http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

Both links are easy to find under "My profile".

I expect that a recent significant Windows update required that your device be re-registered.

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JB,

Cheers for the message and thanks for coming in.

I'm sorry to read that the TV anywhere hasn't been working as you'd have liked.

I would like to ask if you can try this on a different browser and whether this is happening on other devices?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Bully671
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

I've managed to get it working using Firefox. I was using IE but it stopped working.

Skysports informed me that I had oversubscribed on devices. On this page there was a link which took me to my profile settings.

If I connected directly to TV Anywhere and logged in. Then compared what the my profile page showed using the Skysports embedded link, the Skysports link to my profile indicated the wrong devices. I deleted the incorrect device showing via the Skysports link and it started to work in Firefox.

Why and how I am unable explain. Possibly the change via TV Anywhere is not dynamically updated in the Skysports.

Hopefully the above makes sense!

If you need more detail feel free to come back to me.

JB

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Possibly the change via TV Anywhere is not dynamically updated in the Skysports.

Correct; your device management was working exactly how it is supposed to. Devices for Sky Movies & Sports are managed separately, which is actually quite handy as you can watch Sky premium content via their apps using mobile data. You can't use mobile data for streaming TV Anywhere.  So I've no interest in streaming TV Anywhere on my mobile & don't have it as one of my two devices, but often watch Sky Sports on my phone when out & about.

TV Anywhere device management: http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/

Sky device management: http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

Both links are easy to find under "My profile".

I expect that a recent significant Windows update required that your device be re-registered.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bully671,

Thanks for popping back and letting us know things are resolved for you now Smiley Happy

As you've correctly mentioned, The TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are not synced so any changes made to one, need to be made to the other as well. 

The links Crockret posted in his reply are great so make sure you save these to access your devices via both platforms going forward. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know as we're here to help. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out