Menu
Zokko
Joining in
Message 1 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Device Limit Reached - Sky Sports

Like a lot of other virgin media customers, I cannot access sky sports on my device – having been told that I have reached the device limit. I only have one device registered as I deleted the ones already there when I bought my new device. This seems to be a common flaw. How do I rectify it so that I can watch Sky Sports, as paid for? Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 76
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device Limit Reached - Sky Sports

Hi Zokko, 

Thanks for your post and a huge welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your device registration for the Sky Apps. 

The first thing I should point out here is that the TV Anywhere app and the Sky apps are not synced so therefore any changes you make to the TV Anywhere app, will not be reflected on the Sky platform. 

Currently there are still 2 devices registered for the Sky Platform. As you only have one device change left for this month if you tell me which device you wish to remove, i'll do this at this end for you so you'll still have the device change to add your new device Smiley Happy

Come back soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 76
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Zokko, 

OK, I can see that the only device you have registered with TV Anywhere is the new iPad Air so I have removed both the devices from the Sky Platform. 

You have one remaining change left so this will be sufficient to add on your new device. 

If you can attempt to stream from the Sky Sports App this will automatically register the device. 

Keep me update on how it goes Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

All Replies
paul-heavyside
Tuning in
Message 2 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi same here.

I'm having trouble registering my iPhone new iPhone 6. I had my iPhone 5 and iPad air both registered last month and obviously I had to wait until this month to change my iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 but it still won't let me. It says device limit reached.? I'm allowed 2 devices and at the moment I can log in with my iPad air but nothing else I've wated a month because of the 2 device limit just to change my iPhone's over and it still won't let me do it....a bit annoyed I am paying for the service please help.

Thanks
Regards
Paul
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 76
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Zokko, 

Thanks for your post and a huge welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your device registration for the Sky Apps. 

The first thing I should point out here is that the TV Anywhere app and the Sky apps are not synced so therefore any changes you make to the TV Anywhere app, will not be reflected on the Sky platform. 

Currently there are still 2 devices registered for the Sky Platform. As you only have one device change left for this month if you tell me which device you wish to remove, i'll do this at this end for you so you'll still have the device change to add your new device Smiley Happy

Come back soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

I have already replied to your post on this thread here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-Anywhere/quot-Reached-your-limit-quot-error-on-Sky-Sports-app...

Please don't post duplicate posts on multiple threads. Posting once about your issue is sufficient for us to see it and respond Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Zokko
Joining in
Message 5 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Kath. Can't remember which devices are registered to Sky Sports. I just want to watch on my new IPad Air which I have registered this week with Virgin Anywhere. So whatever action is needed for that, that's the one to take. You can remove the other ones registered with Sky. Hope that makes sense. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 76
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Zokko, 

OK, I can see that the only device you have registered with TV Anywhere is the new iPad Air so I have removed both the devices from the Sky Platform. 

You have one remaining change left so this will be sufficient to add on your new device. 

If you can attempt to stream from the Sky Sports App this will automatically register the device. 

Keep me update on how it goes Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Zokko
Joining in
Message 7 of 76
Flag for a moderator

That's done the trick. Thank you Kath. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zokko, 

Thanks for confirming that for me Smiley Happy

Glad to hear all is resolved. If you have any other issues just let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Monaldo
Joining in
Message 9 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Good morning Kath,

I am encountering similar problems to the two other users. How do I sync my sky sports app with the two devices I have registered on my virgin anywhere app please?

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
StAlbanSaint
Joining in
Message 10 of 76
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, same problem for me. I should only have one device registered (Samsung S5). If you could clear that, I will start again and register with my Samsung Tablet (which is what I intended to do in the first place).

Thanks, Kevin

0 Kudos