Menu
Codehook
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Device Limit Reached - Sky Sports App

I'm getting the following message in the sky sports iPhone app:

"You have reached the limit for registered devices. Please visit your service provider to manage your devices"

I tried re-adding my iPhone to my registered devices via the Virgin TV Anywhere iPhone app, and have also tried removing all devices registered on my account but neither has worked.

Please help, this is extremely frustrating.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device Limit Reached - Sky Sports App

Devices for Sky Premium content are managed, separately, here:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

All Replies
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Devices for Sky Premium content are managed, separately, here:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

Codehook
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much, that has fixed it.

That was not at all obvious, which is annoying.
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The amount of people that come here with the exact same problem suggests you are probably right. If the web team were a bit more proactive they might make add it to the FAQ to save people time, or at least sticky a post on this subject.

FYI the link can be navigated to from My Account in the top right from the TV Anywhere home page.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Codehook,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. Sorry to hear that you were experiencing registration issues with the Sky Sports app via TV Anywhere.

I'm glad to see that Crockret was able to answer your query and provide you with the link for the My Virgin Media sign in and that you were able to get this issue sorted.

We appreciate suggestions on how to improve the Community Forum, however, it looks like our Community Lead, James_W has been proactive regarding this, as there is already an FAQ "sticky" on the TV Anywhere board, which he posted on 11/08/2014 and updated earlier this year on 22/01/2015. The post can be found here.

It's always a good idea to check the pink highlighted posts at the top of each board, as these contain important information for our Forum users. Alternatively, you can search the Community with a few keywords describing your issue to see if other Forum users may have posted a resolution that could help.

If you have any further issues with this, please let us know so we can look into the problem for you.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
gwb67
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I've seen the posts relating to this. I've been getting the same issue lately.

But when I click on the link you provide, I keep getting 'Access Denied'. Even though I'm signed in with the primary account.

When I called 150 again yesterday with this issue (she did try to fob me off as I think it was complicated) they have different devices registered on my account than me!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi gwb67, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue using Sky Sports. 

The TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by using a PC or laptop and going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

I have added a device on the Sky platform for you now so if you try streaming now, it should work. 

Keep me posted.
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gwb67
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

Thanks for that. For some reason I couldn't access that page the other day. But it let me in on Saturday so I managed to get one device working but seems I need to wait until next month to set up the other again.

Many thanks

Gordon

0 Kudos
gwb67
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Kath, I've now got it working on both devices so thanks for your help.

Just to check, I had the cricket playing on both devices and the TV at the same time yesterday!

Many thanks

Gordon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi gwb67,

That's great news that you are able to your Sky Sports via TV Anywhere, thanks for letting us . Kath is away from the office, so I've picked up your post. I'll certainly let her know when she returns.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else. In the meantime, please don't be a stranger around the Community Smiley Happy

Take care,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos