gdcairns
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Device Limit Reached (Code: 106)

Getting the following message

Device Management Device Limit Reached

Code: 106

But when I go to device registration my laptop IS registered!?

I have made no device changes since registering my laptop so I can't have reached any limit.

Have only registered my laptop!?

0 Kudos
gdcairns
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Limit Reached (Code: 106)

For the record, when I first registered the laptop I tried streaming and everything worked fine.

I have not unregistered and / or re-registered the device since then.

So the mind boggles as to why it is now telling me my device is not registered and I have no slots for registers remaining.

0 Kudos
gdcairns
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the bump however two days have no passed and as it is a new working week I presume some moderators will be kicking about to help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Note this is a community based forum.  The VM Forum Team can take up to 7 days to respond to a thread on here.  Bumping won't get a quicker response.  They try to get round to them on a first come first served basis.

If you need a quicker response then the only solution is to ring in.  Unfortunately I'm not sure how much first line would be able to do. Smiley Sad

Have you tried de-registering the devices and then re-registering the laptop?

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
gdcairns
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ravenstar68,

Did not mean to 'queue jump', just simply did not want my post to go unnoticed as it was made on a Saturday morning. Apologies again for the bump.

Cautious of trying to de-register / re-register laptop as it is already telling me I have made enough changes and didn't want to risk further complication.

At the moment laptop is showing as a registered device, service does not acknowledge this however when attempting to stream.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi gdcairns,

Apologies for the time lapse in responding to you Smiley Happy

At the moment being honest i'm a little stumped with this. I would like to take a further look into it for you however I am unable to locate your account details.

I have sent you a PM requesting your details.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
BigT75
Joining in
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am having the same problem. My device is showing as registered but everytime i log in i get an error code 107 saying device is not registered.
Is there any further advice on this problem please
0 Kudos
gdcairns
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

PMed you the required details yesterday.

Still having this issue unfortunately. 

Edit: Cause I've got nothing to lose I tried to delete my laptop and re-register it. Now my laptop is unregistered and I have no re-registers left. Nightmare!

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi gdcairns,

Thanks for the message.  

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with the TV Anywhere service.  I'll ask Kath to chase this up or give you an update when she gets in later on.  

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

gdcairns wrote:

Hi Kath,

PMed you the required details yesterday.

Still having this issue unfortunately. 

Edit: Cause I've got nothing to lose I tried to delete my laptop and re-register it. Now my laptop is unregistered and I have no re-registers left. Nightmare!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Because I don't really bother with TVA I have only had my laptop registered. With the release of the Android version, although my HTC One X is technically not supported, I sideloaded it anyway and it worked after registering it.

I then had a problem with my laptop so re-registered it. However it then told me that my phone was not registered and that I had exceeded the device limit for the month. I was puzzled but, since it was the 30/11, I decided to wait for the next day to re-register.

On 01/12 I was able to re-register my phone but was immediately told that I had no device changes left for the month although only one change had been made.

I posted about this at the time but, from my own experience and from other postings, I would suggest that the device registration code is not as robust as it should be.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos