Menu
deejaymac
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Device Detection Timeout - a problem solved?

I don't know why exactly but I seem to have come out of my device detection timeout nightmare. If someone within VM has done something to make this happen I am very grateful. This is what I did, no idea if it has made the difference or whether it is a coincidence. I went to my 'control panel' and clicked on the security setting. Sitting there wa a Flash Player icon, something I have not seen before. Clicking on it gives various options including the chance to clear all data relating to flash player from the computer. I did this and when I went back to the tv anywhere site (using IE9) it allowed me to register my device (I was getting timeout when I clicked the settings tab as well) and then watch a show. I had previously deleted all cookies and uninstalled and reintalled flash so I can only assume this Flash player icon in the security folder does smething mre substantial. Timeout has been a problem for nearly a month so I almost dropped my laptop when the registration screen popped up.

I really hope I'm not on here again moaning about this any time soon.

Forum Manager (Retired) Kieren_A
Forum Manager (Retired)
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Detection Timeout - a problem solved?

Hi deejaymac,

Thanks for letting us know what resolved this for you, hopefully other will find this information useful too. Smiley Happy

Kieren Aris
Deputy Community Manager

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
0 Kudos
wacker100
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Registered   just to say thank you I have struggled with this problem for weeks something had changed player settings have now downloaded latest version of flash player and hey presto registration page poped up  thanks whacker 100

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi wacker100,

Thanks for letting us know that this post helped you.

It would really help the community if you could mark this as a helpful answer so if anyone searches for this issue again, they will find this thread Smiley Happy

Remember we are here if you have any other issues Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tommo105
Just joined
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Dear forum / VM

Got the same problem.

I have been watching for months, and now for some reason I get device detection timeout.  My Flash is up-to-date. I've done nothing that I would have thought would scupper it.  Tried deleting stuff on control panel as above, and nothing works.

Not impressed. If I ring 150 will Iget a human being at the other end - and a solution?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi tommo105,

I'm aware that over the weekend we were having a few issues with TV Anywhere. 

How are things looking for you today? Are you still getting the error?

If so i'd love to take a closer look at this for you.

Come back to me Smiley Happy 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bizzburns
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem with Device detection has timed out...I have tried the flash player advice and even downloaded flash player again just in case. but still got the same problem

0 Kudos
bizzburns
Tuning in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Bloomin eck....just had a chat on a pop up with the hub help and they couldn't fix it...but they could if I paid £20 and a monthly fee of £5 to some premium service....I can get online and I can watch Netflix, I just cant watch virgin media on laptop...something amiss somewhere Man Surprised

0 Kudos
citlecevoli
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same difficulty trying to watch BT Sports - followed the advice in this thread and others but still getting the timed out message

I have even de-registered and re-registered my laptop to see if that works but still no luck

Unable to watch football via this service now - thanks VM for nothing.

I wonder how you would feel as a company if my payment (£120 per month) 'timed out' when you tried to take it from my account?

0 Kudos
qwakuk
Dialled in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Same problem today, very annoying !!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos