Menu
ht26
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device Detection Timed Out

So, there seem to be numerous posts on this problem  but I've not had any luck so far. Every time I try and watch anything On Demand, my device times out. I am able to watch Sky Sports live though. It was working just over a week ago and I haven't made any changes to registered devices.

I'm using Windows 8 om my laptop, have tried using IE and Firefox. Have deleted cookies and my cache, Cookies are enabled, everything is up to date, and I tried user deejaymacs solution with regards to Flash player and it's still not working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Detection Timed Out

Hi Ht26,

There was a fault with on demand services a little while ago detailed in this thread.

This should now be resolved. Are you still having trouble with your On demand programs?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ht26
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

So, I tried that and my device will now detect at home but it won't detect elsewhere- I still get the timed out message.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ht26,

Thanks for getting back to us. Sorry to hear that you are still having issues with TV Anywhere.

When you are connecting to TVA away from home are you connecting through a WiFi connection or a mobile 3G or 4G connection? TVA won't connect via a mobile connection, only WiFi.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ht26
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm trying to connect via Wi-Fi, which is provided by Netgear.

Cheers,

Heather

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Heather. 

I will need to take further details from you in order to check your details. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

If you prefer to speak to us direct, please call Virgin Media on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone).

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos