Menu
litltat
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

DEVICE RESTRICTED

Hi,

I'm on my Samsung laptop, running IE11, am signed in and have registered my device but despite watching stuff a few days ago, am now getting the following message

'This service is designed to be used on a computer and some features won’t work on this device' and error code 107.

Can you please tell me if there is anything I can do to rectify this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
tip75
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: DEVICE RESTRICTED

VM currently block windows touch screen devices. they dont seem to have any plans to unblock since we are seemingly 2nd class citizens to them. they claim they have been told that windows mobile devices should be blocked. which is odd seeing as they are the only media company to impose this stupid restriction. 

the best you can do is to disable the touch screen in device manager (HID devices) and that will remove the block they put on it. 

i guess all we can do is keep moaning until they bother to do something, but considering its taken best part of a year for them to still not have the current android version working who knows. 

mikeking
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Totally ridiculous position where I can't use my high performance Surface Pro tablet to watch TV Anywhere, but can use my low performance laptop

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi litltat, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I have already replied to your post here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/device-not-supported/m-p/2682050#M18658

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. 

If you do have a touchscreen device that does not turn into a tablet, you can use TV Anywhere by using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Morbeous
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Seems strange that they do this as an iPad is touchscreen and they don't block that.  Is there any reason as to why the bock touchscreen PCs?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Morbeous, 

We haven't blocked touchscreen PC's.

We've blocked the use of TV Anywhere on devices that act as laptops and can be converted into Tablets due to rights restrictions. In doing this, it's inadvertently caused an issue with touchscreen PC and Laptops connecting. 

If you have a touchscreen laptop/pc that doesn't turn into a tablet then using Firefox will allow you to successfully use TV Anywhere. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos