Menu
columbo5
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

'DELETE' device button not working - nothing happens

Found out only through this forum that TV Anywhere isn't working because Google is no longer supported.  Logged on via Firefox and attempted to delete device so that I can re-add the same device. (and hat means I've used up my allowed device change this month!) But anyway, nothing happens when I click on DELETE.  Anyone else got around this issue? Finally understanding just what a mess Virgin is.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'DELETE' device button not working - nothing happens

Hi columbo5, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you involved with us on the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue trying to remove your device from your current registered devices. Have you tried using a different browser to delete the device? 

Google Chrome isn't supported and as soon as you go to use it, it does come up with this error. Looking at the account your Forum credentials are connected to, there is a device change to use to be able to re-register via the new browser. 

Try clearing the cache, cookies and history to see if this helps the delete button to work. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
columbo5
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Logged in via both Firefox and Google and cleared cache etc.  Still the delete button just did nothing.  The button appeared active (underline disappearing as the mouse hovered over) but nothing happened at all on pressing it.

Tried closing down and attempting again, but still no reaction from the delete button.

Eventually, I thought I'd try another route to get to that device screen.  Went to the TV listings and attempted to hit the watch button on a programme - that threw up the message that the device isn't recognised and navigated to the device page.  Hit the Delete button and this time it worked.  I got as far as typing in a new device name (slightly changed the old name even though it's the same device)   Then got a white box error message, simply saying 'there has been an error' and the page stuck like that, with what looked like a frozen loading icon forever.   But at least something seemed to gave actioned up to a point.  So I left the devices page and then went back in again, and the change had happened - the 'new' device was now listed.

So hopefully this helps someone else - just keep trying different routes to the same goal. 

But what a rigmarole to have to go through.  

The virgin media website is a mess - navigation is definitely not logical, (you'd think 'my apps' tab would take you to TV anywhere settings, but just takes you to adverts for tV Anywhere)   Then processes don't work as they should.  But worst of all is that Virgin don't give a damn that customers have to use their allowed device change in order to delete and re-add the same device.  Why did Virgin not automatically allow extra device changes to accommodate the situation between Virgin and Google.  Virgin shows that customers are not their priority at all.  

Considering what they charge per month, it's an insult.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi columbo5,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how things are. 

I'm really glad you've been able to re-register the device finally Smiley Happy

I've fedback your comments on the website however I must mention that TV Anywhere isn't the only app. When you click on My Apps in My Virgin Media, all apps that you have on your account will show. There are then further links for it to take you to where you wish to go. 

When you first use Google Chrome, a page is displayed advising that it's not supported so therefore some features wont be available. We've also made it clear in our technical requirements that Google Chrome is unsupported. We only add a change as a goodwill gesture. 

I'm sorry if you feel we've not prioritised our customers needs or your needs. This is not the case at all which is why we manually add the change in circumstances such as this. 

If you have any further issues, please come back and let us know.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos