Menu
micron
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Content not available while away from home network

I have tried to watch a show from syfy, but it says that content now available whilst away from your home network, but I believe I am connected to it, unless I'm missing the point, and it is referring to having my TiVo box connected to my home network? I hope that makes sense? Thanks Trev

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Content not available while away from home network

It is trying to play the content on your actual TiVo which therefore needs your TiVo to be connected to the home network.
There is only certain content you can watch on demand through a device I believe.
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From what I can tell they are listed telling you those episodes exist however from what I can see available in On Demand from Syfy they are not available to be watched whether you are on a TiVo or a mobile device.
However it is trying to connect to your box to attempt to get it from On Demand I believe so as you have already said your box is not connected to the internet then this is why you are getting this message.

All Replies
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It is trying to play the content on your actual TiVo which therefore needs your TiVo to be connected to the home network.
There is only certain content you can watch on demand through a device I believe.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can only stream from SyFy channel 135, not the +1 or HD version.

micron
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, do these pictures help to explain my problem?

IMG_0752.PNGIMG_0751.PNG

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From what I can tell they are listed telling you those episodes exist however from what I can see available in On Demand from Syfy they are not available to be watched whether you are on a TiVo or a mobile device.
However it is trying to connect to your box to attempt to get it from On Demand I believe so as you have already said your box is not connected to the internet then this is why you are getting this message.
micron
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply, I shall sort out my TiVo box, and connect it to my internet, and give it a gO

Thanks

Trev

0 Kudos