Menu
Gobmeister
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Constant "high levels of demand" error

Constant "high levels of demand" error since at least 9th Jan. When I try to log in I get that same message within less than a second.

TV Anywhere v2.2.4(706833) On iPhone 4 running iOS6 (can't update to iOS7 due to capacity limitation).

I've done a TiVO and Superhub reset and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app - with phone power-down in between. Still no joy.

Any effective help greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Constant "high levels of demand" error

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that VM's own forum team haven't picked up on this, but iOS6 is no longer supported for TV Anywhere.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gobmeister, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies you've not been able to use TV Anywhere on your iOS 6 device lately. 

The reason you've been having the trouble logging in is because a while back, we made some changes to the app that resulted in iOS6 no longer being supported. The app still worked and continued to work for the time being as it had an active SSL certificate. This expired in January which is why you've not been able to sign in or use any of the features.

The new version of the app has a new certificate so you would need to update your device to iOS 7 or use TV Anywhere on another device that is supported. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
mellis0
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid. there is not much that can be done, the issue usually occurs during a major football match evening.

Until VirginMedia technicians/managemet sort out the capacity and scaling issues the TVAnywhere service suffers when there is a large number of customers using the TVAnywhere service.

Regards

Mark

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TBH, TV anywhere SUFFERS, period...it doesn't need a lot of customers using it, it's quite capable of doing it on it's own!!Smiley Very Happy

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Apologies for the problems you are experiencing with TV Anywhere. 

Please see the following post: here.

If you are still having this issue, please let me know.

Thanks,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Gobmeister
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Still having same issue. Tried earlier this week and again just now a few times.
0 Kudos
Gobmeister
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Still having same issue. Tried earlier this week and again just now a few times.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that VM's own forum team haven't picked up on this, but iOS6 is no longer supported for TV Anywhere.

0 Kudos
grover1969
Settling in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am just about so sign up with virgin....

The messages posted here are making me reconsider.

How can a service be offered that apparently stops working when it's most required?

Can Virgin confirm that I can cancel a "not fit for purpose" service if this occurs to me in my early weeks?

Stebe

0 Kudos
Gobmeister
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Crockret, but how did you find out about iOS6 not being supported at all? I was aware that it wasn't supporting streaming (and wasn't too bothered about that) but I was not aware that it wasn't supported for other very useful functions of the app.

Crockret wrote:

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE...

While this has been the case for some time, the last app update in Early Jan 2016 finally squeezed out iOS6 users. VM clearly have no idea what they are doing with TV Anywhere, so whether this was by accident or design, well your guess is as good as mine really.

0 Kudos