Menu
fletchthemonkey
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Consistent error messages with TV Anywhere

I've been using the TV Anywhere app so some time now.

It consistently is a frustrating experience. Rarely can I watch a live stream without it playing smoothly.

In the last 48 hours I've had the following error messages multiple times:

• v500
  • d14
  • p38
  • Device Not Registered (it is)
  • p65543

When I say multiple, I would estimate >25 individual error messages.

On Tuesday it took most of the Man Utd Newcastle match to get the BT Sport 1 stream working, by which time I missed 5 of the 6 goals.

On Wednesday it took most of the Arsenal Liverpool match to get BT Sport 1 stream working, by which time I'd missed 5 of the 6 goals.

2/12 ain't bad though for >£63.99 per month.

There are further first world / middle class problems, mostly relating to the very slow wifi we experience in our house (though some of that is non 5gz devices).

For reference:

• HTC One M8 running up to date Android
  • Nexus 7 running up to date Android
  • Apple iPad running up to date iOS

Via Twitter I have been reassured that the issues with the app are resolved, though I see no improvement in my experience.

Fed up of constantly battling with device registration, uninstall/reinstall app, turning wifi router on/off, turning TiVo on/off just to achieve normal service.

All help appreciated please Virgin or community.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Consistent error messages with TV Anywhere

Hi fletchthemonkey,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. Apologies for the issues you have been having using TV Anywhere. This isn't what we like to hear and we are more than happy to take a look at things for you. 

Checking back over the error and fault logs, I can see there was an issue raised up to us on Tuesday which was resolved Thursday. Many people were getting different issues such as being unable to log in and the device registered error messages. 

Whenever you update your OS or the app, you are required to re-register your device. Given that both the Apple and Android apps have had a recent update and Apple have released an OS update, this could be why you've been receiving the device not registered messages. 

Since you last posted, what happens when you try to use TV Anywhere? 

Come back to us with the full error message, not just the code. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
fletchthemonkey
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

another live football night, another night of consistent errors. 

football started at 1900 and at 1955 I'm still unable to watch the match live on my phone.

0 Kudos
duracellman
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am running an ASUS PADFONE. TV Anywhere tells me it does not run on my Android Mobile phone (Virgin Media Sim) It will install on the Pad. Strange as this is only a screen and battery?.... Following several attempts to get it to work, I ring VM for a resolution. 

* I can install TVA on my PAD....but not my Phone.

* I can use the record facility fine

* When I try to view a channel on my Pad, the following message appears

'PROBLEM STREAMING CHANNEL : There was a problem streaming from this channel Please try again. Error Code: D:1'

* This happens to all and any channels.

* The VM 'helpdesk' cannot even tell me what the codes mean

* They simply take you through install / uninstall / reboot etc.

This is driving me crazy. The phone is listed as compatable, and the app worked on both phone and pad when I first installed it.

HEEEEEEEELP 

0 Kudos