Menu
Glittergirllisa
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Confused about TV on the go

I'm reading conflicting messages regarding what services is supplied? For TV on the go. I thought I hadn't set it up properly as I couldn't get catch up nor box sets. Three times I called to be told this isn't available for anyone? Is this true?. Can anyone else get either of these services? . I looked online through pages and pages. Iv seen several times that this service IS available?. So now I'm completely confused?? I have the xl package with 3 boxes.
I would honestly just love to be told the truth.??.. I switched off the word of a sales man that assured me it offers the same as sky go..
It did play a part on me switching as i suffer a serious health condition and do like to watch it in bed with my headphones.
Thank you in advance for any help you could provide me.
Kindest regards Lisa.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Confused about TV on the go

Hi Lisa, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with conflicting information. 

Via TV Anywhere you are able to watch On Demand content but this is recent update so could be why some agents are saying it's not available. 

You will only have access to channels that you have included in your TV Service and from those that are streamable too. 

When you're trying to watch the programme, what error message are you getting? 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Glittergirllisa
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thank you for replying.
I have a kindle fire, iv just changed over and the first night I was able to get the movies but now it's not even allowing that (yes all movies Inc in package). I read that your allowed access to catch up?, And also get my shows?. I have none of these. Not worth even doing that, now no acess to movies. I record all the shows I like (because I absolutely hate adverts).I really can't understand because it was fine my first night. Is there anything that can be done please?
Lisa.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry but the reason you are having the issues is due to the device you are using.

We are no longer supporting the below Kindle Fire devices. This is because they don’t have enough processing power to run the new version of the app.

- Kindle Fire (2012) 2nd gen model # KFOT 

- Kindle Fire HD 7” (2012) model # KFJA (WAN) + KFJWI (WiFi) 

- Kindle Fire (2012) HD 8.9” model # KFAPWA (WAN) KFAPWI (Wi-Fi)

In order for TV Anywhere to work you need to have a minimum of Android 4.1 OS and these models are on Android 4.0.3. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Glittergirllisa
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Since when have they not been compatible? I only switched in Dec and everything I read, I'm quite sure said otherwise?
Wouldn't you surely give notice of this when switching? .
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Glittergirllisa, 

Thanks for your reply. 

The only reason we've stopped supporting these devices is due to the OS running on them. 

We've updated the Technical requirements for using Virgin TV Anywhere to show you need a minimum of Android 4.1 in order for TV Anywhere to play. 

Apologies, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Glittergirllisa
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

All sorted, I'm a happy girl once again. Sky phoned me and offered me 10 months free of sky go (plus my box is live again) so if I keep getting error messages and when it's taking forever to play the programmes I request I can just change the boxes over. I think that's extremely genrous of them 👍.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I thought this was a Virgin forum, which supplys TV anywhere, not sky go, it seems you are confused who you are dealing with
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

LittleMick73 wrote:
I thought this was a Virgin forum, which supplys TV anywhere, not sky go, it seems you are confused who you are dealing with

It pays to read the whole thread to get the full picture.

Glittergirllisa
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Apparently after the change over it came to light that my device wasn't compatible.
Even the sales man didn't know at that particular time?
No there's no confusion as to me writing about sky. Virgin anywhere is absolutely no good to me and sky stepped in. Kudos to sky.
I wrote that i was happy to avoid anyone giving more advice. All sorted (no more problems) 😀.. happy days.
0 Kudos