Menu
ChrisMachin61
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

'Communication Error' error message when trying to access the TV Anywhere App.

I keep getting the above error message when trying to access the TV Anywhere App 'due to high demand' have been getting this for the last 2 days now. Any ideas how to get past this please??

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 'Communication Error' error message when trying to access the TV Anywhere App.

Hi ChrisMachin61,

Cheers for coming back so soon. It looks like you've tried a few things here, whenever there are issue it's best to carry out some of the following practices:-

• Sign out and sign back in, after clearing your cache/temp files. Make sure when signing in anywhere, that the caps lock is monitored and the username and password are typed correctly.
  • Can you sign into TV Anywhere online from a different device?
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
  • Try to log in online from a PC to see if it streams.
  • Check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is unsupported.

Give these a go and please get back to me when you can.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'Communication Error' error message when trying to access the TV Anywhere App.

Hi ChrisMachin61,

Thank you for your message, I'm sorry that the app wasn't available at the time. This would have been during a brief moment of over demand. This should pass and you should now be able to get on.

Can you let me know how it went?

Take care.

Ben

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This would have been during a brief moment of over demand

2 days is not a "brief moment" Ben.

What are Virgin Media doing about this exactly?  Are you going to tell us that the fix is to use it during less busy times too?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crockret, 

Thank you for your message. We're still waiting for ChrisMachin61 to reply as we'd like to know if it was indeed a brief moment, as we work with issues on their own individual merit.

Regards.

Ben

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I just read the original post, You should try it sometime.

ChrisMachin61
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben sorry not responded before but only just seen your message.  Tried to go on just now and it is working now .... I only contacted you because the error message had come up 7 times over 4 days which suggested a more serious problem.  Is this a common problem then if a 'few' people are trying to access 'On the Go' App??   

Thank you for your response. 🙂

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you ChrisMachin61,

It's good to hear that you are able to use the app, no need for an apology, we're always here Smiley Happy

I can see you've mentioned that it's appeared 7 times in 4 days, during those days were you able to get on at all or was it attempted and then, as I would do, just try again tomorrow?

I ask these only to see if there are any trends, in the evening perhaps.

Keep in touch and anything your need, let me know.

Ben

0 Kudos
ChrisMachin61
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben. 1st 2 times late evening,  then in middle of night, I also tried a couple of times through day at weekend but also tried Monday through day.....  I also tried to uninstall and reinstall the app but that didn't work either.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ChrisMachin61,

Cheers for coming back so soon. It looks like you've tried a few things here, whenever there are issue it's best to carry out some of the following practices:-

• Sign out and sign back in, after clearing your cache/temp files. Make sure when signing in anywhere, that the caps lock is monitored and the username and password are typed correctly.
  • Can you sign into TV Anywhere online from a different device?
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
  • Try to log in online from a PC to see if it streams.
  • Check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is unsupported.

Give these a go and please get back to me when you can.
Ben

0 Kudos
ChrisMachin61
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

I will bear these things in mind if it happens again,  as I said earlier it is working at the moment...

Thanks

0 Kudos