Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8 (155 Views)

Channels missing from TV Anywhere guide on Adroid

The channels guide for TV Anywhere on my phone starts at channel 106, omitting channels 101 to 105 (BBC 1 and 2, ITV, Channels 4 and 5), although these channels are shown when I look at the TV Anywhere guide on my desktop. The phone is a fully updated Samsung Galaxy 7, so that should not be a problem.

Is this because I am expected to use the proprietory players (BBC iPlayer, etc.) to view these channels rather than getting to them through TV Anywhere, or is there some other explanation?

There doesn't seem to be a listing of "Catch up" channels and programs on the Android version, though there is on the desktop version. Am I missing something?

(I have an old Virgin box with no recording capability, so issues concerning Tivo etc. are irrelevant).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8 (132 Views)

Re: Channels missing from TV Anywhere guide on Adroid

Hi LWill,

Thanks for posting.

I have re-synced your subscription so please test it again.

If the channels are still missing please reboot your device and re-install the app and let me know how you get on.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8 (123 Views)

Rose - thanks. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app before you re-synced my subscription. It now says "Sorry, you have no device changes remaining this month", so I do not wish to uninstall in case it refuses to let me re-register.

The guide still does not show some channels, as shown in this screenshot. Channels below 106 do not display and others are missing, such as 115 (ITV2), 118 (ITV4), 195 (More4). Some of the channel numbers seem to be wrong, too, e.g. Gold is shown as 127 whereas on the web, at http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tv-listings/ it is shown as 124; Yesterday is 203 rather than 245.

When I try to watch many of the channels I get the Error Code E=15 V=-1.

Screenshot_20170824-201030.png

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8 (94 Views)

Yesterday, Saturday 26th August, I received an email message as follows:

Hi LWill,

Someone replied to your topic about Channels missing from TV Anywhere guide on Adroid Did it help?

To view the reply, just head over to the forum and if it was helpful, don't forget to mark it as a helpful answer so other people can benefit too.

The Virgin Media Forum Team

but no such reply appears in the forum. Did somebody send me a blank reply, or has it gone missing? If it was something useful, could they please try again? Thanks..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8 (75 Views)

Hi LWill, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies to hear you are still having an issue with this. 

Checking a test device here the channels are showing correctly. I've also checked on a few of the other test devices and they are also fine. 

As it's a new month now, try deleting and re-installing the app as well as removing the device from your registered devices. Re add it and let me know how things are then Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8 (52 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me. I have, as you suggested, uninstalled the app from my phone, degistered it, reinstalled it, re-registered it, and restarted the phone. The channel guide, set for "All channels", is still incomplete. It shows Channel 0 "LVEVN" (whatever that is), then channels 107, 108, 109, 116, 122, and so on. I presume that I should at least see channels 101 to 106. What other numbers are missing?

Any more ideas? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8 (32 Views)

Hi LWill,

This is a bit of an unusual one. Is the guide still the same? If so I'll send it over to our IT team to investigate.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8 (12 Views)

Josh - Thanks for following this up.  The guide listing is still missing channels, as shown in the first screenshot below. The "Channels" listing is also missing entries for all the BBC and Channel 4 channels, assuming that these should appear in the alphabetical sequence shown in the second screenshot.

I wonder whether there is any connection with the fact that I don't have a Tivo box. At one point it displayed a rotating circle and finally reported "The app is having difficulty in communicating with your Tivo box". I had to restart it to get out of that fruitless search.

I hope your IT team can find out why this is happening.

Regards

Leonard Will

Screenshot_20170921-113758.png

Screenshot_20170921-115309.png

0 Kudos