Menu
poshmanc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Channels Disappeared From TV Anywhere Mobile Devices

Hi, a number of channels are missing from my Virgin TV Anywhere on my mobile phone (Sony Xperia Z3 Compact) such as Comedy Central, Fox, E Entertainment, SyFy...the list goes on. Is anyone else encountering this problem? Or have they been deliberately removed? If so, why? This is probably the last straw for me. I'm already annoyed that I'm only allowed to watch TV anywhere on 2 devices and that I have to be connected to WiFi (again the list of grievances against Virgin TV go on and on)...

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channels Disappeared From TV Anywhere Mobile Devices

This started yesterday. Channels have fallen off the app, also TV listings for TV Anywhere in browser mostly say "to be confirmed". As usual, there's nothing on the service status page about it.

Are VM aware of the issue? Probably. Do they care? Clearly not.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi poshmanc,

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear about the issues you were having with the streaming channels being listed via TV Anywhere.

There was a fault we became aware of that has since been resolved. 

How have things been since you last posted? I'm hoping all is working as it should be now but if not, and you're still having an issue, come back and let me know. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why did it take 48 hours for anything about this to make it onto the service status page?

You could have saved people a lot of time & trouble, yet chose not to.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crockret, 

In situations such as this, it can take a little while to pick up as a major fault. 

The more people who report issues such as this, the quicker it gets picks up. 

Apologies it took so long on this occasion but hopefully based on this feedback we can make the wait time shorter next time. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Victor in your call centre said you were aware & working on it on FRIDAY.

A short glance at these pages on Friday would also indicate beyond any doubt that there was a big problem.

How a "communications" company doesn't identify there is a problem until Sunday beggars belief.
0 Kudos
poshmanc
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for resolving the issue. Ideally, it should have been resolved within 24 hours of being reported, but at least this wasn't a case of poor negotiations by Virgin Media lawyers losing the rights to view the channels on mobile / tablet media.

0 Kudos