Menu
dave_bass5
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cant get the VM anywhere app to stream or register my devices. V:1001 every time.

Ive just downloaded the latest version, on to my iPhone 6S and iPad Pro. Both running IOS 10.2 Wifi is good at 19MB/s and no connection issues exist. Logged on ok, and can get the TV guide up.

Reinstalled the app twice on both devices. Rebooted router and Superhub 2, not that i needed to of course. No add or pop up blockers installed, cookies enabled. Every time i try and watch ANY channel, inc 4, and select ipad or iPhone i get Error V:1001. If i try and register the device i get the same error immediately.

Ive read almost all the threads on this,error, and googled it. Ive tried everything suggested. Won't try on another network as, well im with VM and it should work. Not going to try on a PC as i will never use it on a PC. Thats not what it's about. Ive only just ordered a V6 box, and dont have TiVO. I believe this isnt needed to watch live TV but if it is then i can see why im getting these errors, no problem. If its not needed then.......help. Please, read the above before suggestions anything that i have already done. It will save time.

Thanks for any help. Dave.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cant get the VM anywhere app to stream or register my devices. V:1001 every time.

Simple. If you don't have a TiVo (or V6), you can't use the TV Anywhere app.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cant get the VM anywhere app to stream or register my devices. V:1001 every time.

Simple. If you don't have a TiVo (or V6), you can't use the TV Anywhere app.

dave_bass5
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. I thought that might be the case but wasnt sure if its the box thats needed or just that i have it on my account. Guess ill wait until Tuesday when its installed and try again.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
paul38m
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It says the app is available for all customers now not just tito customers. 

0 Kudos
dave_bass5
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but its the streaming part im talking about. This needs a network enabled box by the looks of it. So TiVo or V6 only. The app can be used for other things but thats not what i was looking for. Dave.
0 Kudos
dave_bass5
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Should add, I've now got TiVo and still have exactly thre same error code. Box is on my network and my iPad can see it on the network using a net asnayser. Not sure what else I need to do as I'm logged in but still cant even register a device.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If your V6 has only been installed today, it can take a day or so for the appropriate authorisations to be complete for the TV Anywhere app to connect to the new box.

PS Simply streaming a channel on the TV Anywhere app will register the device. Try channel 104.

0 Kudos
dave_bass5
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. As I said, I got a TiVo, not a V6, but yes, i can see it can take up to 24 hours to register. Actually it does seem to be working now. intrstingly i lost some channels so I deleted the app and re installed. The only issue i have now is the box is asking for a 4 digit code ( I assume this is for the remote part), but one of the digits is a letter and i cant figure out how to enter this. I tried just pressing the relevant key with that letter on but it said it was the wrong code. Ooops, it was just asking for a pin and not the device code. All sorted.
0 Kudos