Menu
SK61994
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cannot sign in to Sky Sports

I've tried to log in to the Sky Sports site via the Virgin Media button but when I click on a Sky Sports channel to watch, it just asked me to sign in again. If I sign in, I again have to select a channel, only to be asked to sign in again. And so on and so on.

I've tried this in both Microsoft Edge and IE. Same result each time. Watching channels (including Sky channels) from the VM/Virgin Anywhere site and on TV works fine; it's just Sky Sports on the laptop.

I'm running Windows 10 my the way.

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot sign in to Sky Sports

Have registered the device first? Both with Virginmedia and then again for sky
It is a ridiculous two stage process and may be the reason you can't log in
0 Kudos
SK61994
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I've looked for some time on the Sky Sports site but can't see where I register my device. Sorry, but could you give me some clues.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SK61994,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting on the Forum. Apologies that you are experiencing problems getting the Sky Sports app installed on your computer.

Please follow the link from our Help pages: Watching Sky Movies and Sky Sports on your computer.

If you follow the instructions here, you should be able to view Sky Sports on the go. Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
SK61994
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri, but this isn't the problem. I have tried numerous times to log in to Sky Sports as per these instructions, but Sky simply doesn't seem to recognise my details (although I don't receive any such message). I get the Virgin log-in page, enter the username and password, and then I just go back to the Sky Sport page once again asking me to sign in. I'm trapped in a cycle of entering my Virgin details and just returning to the Sky page.

I've tried clearing my browser's cache, I've tried logging in using other browsers, but the same happens.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SK61994,

Thanks for getting back to me with that information. 

Apologies if this seems like a ridiculous question, but are you currently paying for the Sky Sports package with your TiVo® DTV service? Can you access the Sky Sports channels on your TiVo®? 

In order for me to check this, I will need to take further details from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When I upgraded to Windows 10, I could only access Sky Sports in Firefox.  Make sure Silverlight is up to date.

0 Kudos
Miley1983
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos