Menu
stevenconnor
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot register device for Sky sports

I am trying (in Firefox)  to add a device in my profile for Sky Channels (I have one device change available), but I just get the empty 'Available Device Slot' without the 'Register' box appearing that would allow me to register my device..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot register device for Sky sports

Hi stevenconnor

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that you are unable to register for Sky Sports.

When you sign into your account, under My Profile click on Sky Movies & Sky Sports. This will show the devices that are registered to use for Sky apps. If you do have a slot available, then you will need to go into the Sky app or the Sky website on that device, start streaming a channel and this will hopefully prompt you to register.

Try this and let me know how it goes.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stevenconnor
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Samantha. I actually discovered independently that if you go to the Sky streaming site when you are logged in to Virgin Anywhere and start watching, it will automatically register your device. My puzzlement came from the fact that the Virgin advice is that you have to register your device in your profile first. Anyway, thanks for your response.All seems well now.

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

I can confirm that it's always been the case with Sky that as soon as you start streaming it automatically registers your device. 

It's only with TV Anywhere you need to register your device first. 

Glad all is working for you now but if you have any further issues please just let me know.

Take care, 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos